I suggest you ...

PDF, docx files

Over the years in seminary, I have downloaded and collected many pdf and docx files. I would like to see Logos having the ability to search these files, make cross-reference, and make notes. If this cannot be done, another alternative is that Logos provides an internal program that would convert these files to native logos format.

410 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robin LeeRobin Lee shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ReubenReuben commented  · 

How big must my "please" be for it to have any effect?!! PLEASE add support for importing PDF files as well as .pages and Mellel files

• Titus CarpenterTitus Carpenter commented  · 

Adding PDF support would make Logos THE only Bible study software to have all the tools needed by pastors and laymen alike. Please add it! Thank you!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I have tons of PDF files that I would love to be able to search in my Logos software I have tried a bunch of conversion tools and none of them format the files right, Can you please add PDF import to the PBB

• DarrellDarrell commented  · 

PLEASE!!! Add PDF import/conversion capabilities!!!!!!
        I have a TON of PDF eBooks that I would LOVE to use with LOGOS.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please add PDF import capabilities!!!

• JessicaJessica commented  · 

I would like to add my vote for PDF import support!

• Anonymous commented  · 

PDF support with the option of also importing any notes, highlights, etc imbedded in the PDF.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add PDF support...this is the best way to go. Thanks!

• Imelda MartzImelda Martz commented  · 

Would really be an asset to the program.

• Dale CourtneyDale Courtney commented  · 

I second the motion.

Having to convert PDF's to DOCX, then import those into Personal Books is a needless two-step. And much of the PDF formatting is often lost during the conversion process.

• Tom PapazoglakisTom Papazoglakis commented  · 

I agree having pdf search capability would be very helpful of added to Logos 5.

• John JohnsonJohn Johnson commented  · 

I have hundreds of pdfs that I would LOVE to see in my logos library!

• AnzeeAnzee commented  · 

Why don't you make it a pre-pub-kind-of-thing? I'm sure many of us would gladly pay a reasonable amount to get this functionality into Logos. If you got enough people excited (which I'm sure won't be hard) it should be easy to cover your development cost ahead of time.

• AdrianAdrian commented  · 

I give my vote for the PDF import. But please, consider also the .pages format for PBB; being a Pages user, I cannot add books in my Logos without buying Microsoft Word. Which is not fair.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I convert PDF to docx via Adobe's own tool to do this. I've given a look to different alternatives and think Adobe is at least one of the best convertors. But still it will almost always give an output that lets Logos crash.
        The best way a've fount is to use a conversion to HTML as a step in between. Then open the html file in Word and most times the header-text will be in a specific letter-format. Let Word select all letters in this format and apply headings.

This works but, especially when I want to create a neat document, it will take al lot of time.
        I've spent a lot of time trying to tackle this PDF-to-Logos problem in a simple and fast way, but I still don't see a good solution.
        When Logos would be able to create a more robust process to handle docx files, then the problem would be solved to.

In my opinion, a PDF import functionality or PDF conversion functionality is not the biggest problem. The problem is that Logos crashes on certain characteristics of converted files.
        A good tool or suggestion how to straighten a docx file in such a way that Logos will accept it and not crash would also solve this issue. (By the way, the conversion to RTF and then open with word and save as docx again, also doesn't help in most cases, is my experience.)

It would be nice if you could take a look to the other alternatives I mentioned above.

• DanielDaniel commented  · 

As a seminary student, I keep getting readings (free complete documents, not book excerpts) in PDF format that I'd really like to import into Logos. Please reconsider.

• Mark McCMark McC commented  · 

I would like to add my voice to those asking that this be reconsidered.

• Wes CrouchWes Crouch commented  · 

We ask in need of this ability, our church organizations send letters, books, other things that we are supposed to read, study, keep track of and it would be much easier to add them to Logos as a PBB than just keep them on a disk somewhere.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base