I suggest you ...

Complete the set of Precept symbols

I use the Inductive Bible Study Method quite often - it is not the only method I use because it is not the only method :-). The highlighting feature in Logos 4 has a precept palate, but it only has part of the symbols available. Does anyone know if Logos is going to add the rest of the symbols? I spoke to the good people at Precept and they said they were all for it, but Logos had to actually do it.

339 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James SheetsJames Sheets shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please add more symbols. I love the ones you have, but I would love ALL of them (like repent!)

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be great. Also the ability to create your own. But I will go with all the basic symbols for now.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I also would like the Precepts Symbols added to Inductive Highlighting. Absent that it would be handy if there would be a clear explanation of how to create them ourselves uses graphic images, I understand the basics, but got lost in the specifics of the posts about Work Status Markups--just how did those graphic symbols get into the pallette??? If I could figure this out, I would happily create some and then share, perhaps in this forum we could create a share of some kind. Have others had success and are willing to share?

• Dennis AudetDennis Audet commented  · 

Please, at a minimum, we need the 41 Inductive Bible Study symbols used by Precept Ministries International. As of this writing, 34 of those symbols are on the INDUCTIVE highlighting palatte. Your consideration is appreciated.

For the glory of God alone.

• bgtbgt commented  · 

Having the precept symbols was a factor in my decision to purchase Logos. I had seen and heard Kay discussing the use of the symbols. Disappointed in the limited number actually available for use. Please add more symbols.

• GG commented  · 

How about placing style names as note titles in palette note files. this
        would enable sorting by style and going to specific styles in various resources. Thank You!!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Count me in on this. I'm a new Logos user on the Mac and I thought it was already included in the software. I was really surprised to see how limited it is and according to many folks in the forum how much it slows down the computer. A more complete inductive marking system would be an excellent addition.

• JCJNJCJN commented  · 

I would like to see a few more symbols developed. And as one person has pointed out when Logos does they are prettier.

• pamelapamela commented  · 

This would be a easy fix. : )

• Jim KeenerJim Keener commented  · 

Please get us some more symbols for use in Inductive Bible Study.

• Dee AlbertyDee Alberty commented  · 

LOGOS makes the symbols "prettier" than I can....key word: "repent"

• Ron KeystonRon Keyston commented  · 

@bankomeister
        That is true, but there are some "standard" ones that are missing...most notably one for time references. I'm sure other users could think of other ones that are considered relatively "standard".

• bankomeisterbankomeister commented  · 

The last time i checked, you could make your own symbols, which i think is better than having logos do it because there really isn't a "complete set" of precept markups as even from one of kays bibilew studies or books to another, the symbols change

Feedback and Knowledge Base