I suggest you ...

Focus on tablet and touchscreen features

Better scrolling and program control with touchscreen gestures. Especially in reading mode the interface is difficult to use with a touchscreen. I want to be able to use Logos like my e-reader.

262 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

If you could make the "Columns" selection locally set by each computer it would make my tablet play nice with my laptop. I need it set to something other than "None" for my tablet to easily scroll, but want it to stay on "None" on my laptop. But they keep changing based on what I've previously used. Thanks!

• Mike G.Mike G. commented  · 

Using Logos 6 on a Windows 8.1 tablet is useless for general reading without a mouse. A stylus is touchy and makes it a pain. An reader styled after the android reader that runs alongside the full desktop mode would be great. Web browsers can switch modes. This is where the market is going.

• RossRoss commented  · 

Logos needs comprehensive support for touch interaction. Logos 4 appears to have none at all. The difference between desktop, phone, and tablet has blurred to a remarkable degree.

• Mark AMark A commented  · 

Pls allow toggle to larger buttons for touch screen devices. Like newer Office applications. Thx!

• Anthony NuñezAnthony Nuñez commented  · 

thx for scrolling by touch... please add the following for touch as well: select text (more than one word); larger buttons on locator bar and function bar in notes (clippings, etc) and tabs for resources and close "X" button; sentence diagramming tool. thx!

• TimTim commented  · 

I have a new computer! It's a Lenovo touch screen. Yet it does not seem that my logos software can select text for notes, copying, or pasting.

• brent hoeflingbrent hoefling commented  · 

more important - especially as Windows 8 has been released.

• Pavel ŠkodaPavel Škoda commented  · 

In the age of tablets it is IMHO necessary for LOGOS4 to support work with stylus:

- ergonomic higlighting text with pen (absolute necessity for me)
        - hovering (to see text in balloon)
        - ergonomic scrolling

Hoping LOGOS4 will work efficiently on Win8 tablets in near future :-)

• brent hoeflingbrent hoefling commented  · 

agreed. even with win8, once the app opens, the touch-interface is lost. perhaps an add-in or an option setting to make it run as tablet/gesture settings.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Touchscreen ability would be really nice.

• RandyRandy commented  · 

I have a Windows 7 tablet and would like to use Logos4 more efficently. I really do not want to purchase an iPad or Android tablet.

• FredFred commented  · 

It's NOT a big job to add touch capabilities to Logos 4 Windows. Windows 7 and .NET 3.5 have a very good accessibility API set to facilitate this. I've done touch-capability to a much more complex app than Logos and the entire job from start to finish was < 3 weeks.

• Ward WalkerWard Walker commented  · 

Humm...it appears I can't cast more than 3 votes for any one thing. Argh. In spirit, I'm voting with 5!

• Ward WalkerWard Walker commented  · 

Increased my votes to get multi-touch and pen awareness built into L4 Win HMI/GUI

• Greg WalkerGreg Walker commented  · 

How do I add my other 7 votes to this one?

OK, I'm back, and this is still driving me nuts! I'm totally sold out on my Windows 7 tablet, and get incredibly frustrated when I can't use touch functionality in my Logos program. PLEASE, PLEASE address this! It's not going away. Please?

Really need to update to address emerging touch functionality, and stylus use (Asus Slate). Also need to make scroll buttons larger (requires well-aimed stylus point, cant use finger as is.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base