Skip to content

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Please see the new Logos Bible Software desktop app roadmap, and give feedback on it and other Faithlife products at https://feedback.faithlife.com

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Categories

2214 results found

1. If you open the table of contents window (to the left) and read one or more large sections, such as Genesis and Isaiah in the Bible, it expands and lists all the chapters. You have to then scroll around wasting time to find the right location or close several individual books. It would be more efficient if a "collapse all" feature were available to help restore the table of contents to its original state.

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add the ability to restrict searches to chapter or article titles and section headings and/or items that appear in the Table of Contents panel (which may or may not be the same thing).

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When hovering over a Bible reference show two instead of only one translation (one under the other). Allow us to enable this with a checkbox in the Settings and a dropbox for choosing the secondary translation. It would be very useful, for example, to have one reference showing the original text and another a translation.
    There is the option to hit F7 and show 5 translations, but this is hardly as quick and convenient.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. 60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When a verse is added to a clipping there is no way of knowing just by looking through the text that it has been added. This can be very frustrating if you think you have missed something and then have to trawl through all the clippings to find out if it was added in the first place

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to be able to add the photos that I took when I was in Israel to Biblical Places and Biblical Things

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. 54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. L4 needs a sort field added to the library--one with Dewey Decimal System numbers. Since Logos provides a real library, you should also provide a way to organize it like a real one.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is a feature that would be infinitely helpful for tracking personal progress toward reading completion goals, etc. If you're like me there are tons of books you have access to in Logos but it's difficult staying focused on one book or author. I will start reading one thing, get distracted and veer off in some other direction on some other topic in some other book, before I know it, I'll be sitting there a few days later back at the book I started with days beforehand thinking "this is that book I started reading days ago and until just…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be very useful if the Home Page is able to accommodate custom content through various internet entities like blogs other than the Faithlife/Logos blogs as well as RSS feeds and the like.
    Content can be limited to text only to eliminate security concerns.
    Link to community discussion: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93566.aspx

The discussion also suggests a feature that requires smart code to make it happen: automatically recognize citation styles and allow links to resources already in user's library or just for bibliography reasons.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the current scrollbar cannot be used practically in a long book. So it should be improved.
    Suggestion:

1) multiple scrollbar, each of them is having different range.

2) to scroll through the current chapter, but then when it is at the bottom of the chapter, you click the "down arrow" or press the "page down", then it jumps to the next chapter (and of course the scrollbar will go to the beginning of that chapter instead). To press once page down is much more convenient than the current method: to press down/page down every time I want to move to…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Now that we have highlighting and notes on the iPad, I would love to be able to at least view my visual filters on the iPad.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is not currently possible to sort the library (whilst in Cover View) by more than four basic options (recent, most used, title and author). Please could you add all of the additional fields that it's possible to sort by in detail view eg. sort by type or tags etc.

In addition, it would be useful to be able to drag the books around and sort by relative order on their own "shelves" (and have this be remembered) such that the library would work by more visual cues in the manner of a physical book case.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I love my Logos and don't know what I ever did without it. I use it everyday. However I confess that I hang on to my Wordsearch simply because it includes the Thompson Chain Reference search capability. I have used the TCR since 1963 and to include it in Logos would be most helpful.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I was hoping that when I copied and pasted text from a book in Logos 5 into Pages or Word for a paper that I am writing for school that I would get an in-text APA 6th citation i.e. (Lewis, 1953) rather than a footnote with full bibliographic footnote. I was hoping that YES on Citation and NO on Footnote would set this up but it appears not.

Example of what I am getting:

According to the Tanakh and the New Testament the goal of God’s Messianic Community (which Christians call the Church) is to praise, thank, confess, obey and…

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. I am translating the bible
    into an undocumented language... ethnologue code ppq. I think Logos is in a unique position to develop a module or something to help bible translators by actually building into logos a tool to write your own bible translations. Right now, I have to use a tool called paratext. the tool works, but is windows only and would be better if it were more integrated with logos.

i'd love your thoughts and would love even more to see a tool like this born!

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Here's the problem: When you float a window - and then you would like to dock it again, Logos 4 doesn't seem to remember where it came from so it docks it wherever it wants to.

The way it works now is unpredictable because the floating windows go wherever they want when you dock them.

Make the floating window dock back exactly where it came from.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please expand "Inductive/Precept" highlighting palette (or add another one) with Kari Dent's Key Word Symbol additions => https://karikingdent.com/key-word-symbols/

Forum thread "Moving Precept Symbols Into A New Palette in Logos 7" => https://community.logos.com/forums/t/134154.aspx has discussion about Kari Dent's PDF files not being readily convertable into styles for Logos and Verbum highlighting use.

Forum reply => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/134175/871997.aspx#871997 shows all of Kay Arhtur's Inductive Precept symbols are in the "Inductive/Precept" highlighting palette as of Logos 6.13

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to assign 1 or more resources types to a panel within a layout so that there is control for opening a resource of that type. For example, one panel might be assigned as 'Dictionaries', another 'Notes' another 'Commentaries' , or 'Resources', 'Bibles'. When a new resource is opened from the PG, library or button bar, it should open in the panel assigned to that type of resource, or default to whatever scheme is currently used by Logos (I have no idea what that is since it follows no apparent logic - it is not 'like with like',…

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)