Skip to content

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Please see the new Logos Bible Software desktop app roadmap, and give feedback on it and other Faithlife products at https://feedback.faithlife.com

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Categories

2214 results found

1. I have a Core i3 computer with an SSD drive. Even so, Logos always takes between 20 and 30 seconds to start up, and it is not strange that it take 35 or 40 seconds to startup!

BTW, these are the time that I get even with the option to "Show Homepage on Startup" turned off (which does slow things down further, but at least it's clear why).

I recently discovered that if I simply turn off the option to "Use Internet" in Logos settings, that my startup time dropped down to a mere 9 seconds! That is very acceptable.…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. I leverage Logos richly for all of my lesson and sermon preparation for the Vietnamese congregation I serve. Sadly, while I can do the bulk of my work within Logos, I am forced to go outside Logos for Vietnamese Bible texts, which really negates some of the key benefits of my core workflow within Logos. Please bring one or more of the Vietnamese Bible translations into Logos as a "first class citizen" (e.g. fully indexed, searchable, able to be flagged as a Link Set for parallel scrolling with English bibles, study bibles, etc).

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. As you work on a sermon, the content, scriptures, illustrations, and sub-points can move or change with the flow and organization of the talk. The Sermon Editor, currently, does not allow for this. Presently, you are able to only build it correctly the first time, or copy/paste/delete/and rebuild a slide. This makes using the Sermon Editor very cumbersome to use.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I get to the point where I think it would be worth NOT SUBSCRIBING TO LOGOS NOW just to keep the dumb temporary resources from downloading. Please create an opt out feature for those of us who would prefer not to preview resources. This could be a "preference" within the software which prevents the download, or a toggle in the user's account preferences. Thank you.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be amazing if you guys could work out a cooperative deal with Amazon that would be mutually beneficial.

I would also love it if my Kindle books could be added to my Logos library so that they are searchable, etc. from within Logos. I have several theological books on Kindle that aren’t even available in Logos.

In addition, I wish that I could access and read my logos books on my Kindle reader (not the Fire), and even highlight them and take notes that would sync with Logos. This would not require access to ALL of the logos…

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Please consider adding ISBN export option. This would allow users to easily add their e-books to “My Library” on Google and similar sites. Thanks!

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like the library list (the list that shows up when you click the blue book at the top left of Libronix) to contain a "date purchased" or "date added" so that you can more easily find new books that are being automatically downloaded. I like community bids and I purchase a lot of books through there, but I don't want to have to keep track and figure out what's been downloaded, what hasn't. Logos automatically downloads new books, but short of going through my e-mails to see what community bids have been completed, there seems to be no…

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Amend / Fix the highlighting functionality which causes only fragments of highlighted text (rather than the full highlight) to be stored in the Annotations (or Notes) file. This may have been previously listed as "For note titles, please add choice to show abbreviated or complete highlighted selection", but was not implemented in job: https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/2549871-highlighting-and-notes-integration-improvements

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ... with integration into the Theology Guide!

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Libronix had a reverse interlinear of the Japanese bible (see: http://www.bible.or.jp/purchase/newbible/greece.html). It is no longer available through Logos. Japan is the single largest unreached people group in the world with less than 1% of the population professing faith. (Yes, China and India have larger populations, but they are made up of a diverse range of people groups.) It might not be profitable for Logos to focus on this, but it would certainly help those of us who are involved in partnering in missions with our brethren in Japan.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    1. The current “hidden resources” feature should be renamed to “archived resources.” The current nomenclature is misleading: books
      aren’t “hidden,” they are removed from the system.

2. A new “hidden resources” feature should be created which acts like a reverse prioritization. Books that are “hidden” would not show up in the library or search results by default. They could be added to a collection, however. This would be useful for collections such as the Perseus & LDS resources.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. 38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently both sides of right click pop-up menu has many sections, which are in a fixed order. Please provide settings so can specify section order for each side plus enable/disable sections. Ideal pop-up settings implementation would be like Logos 6 Home Page Sidebar that has check boxes to choose sections plus drag and drop for desired order.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to be able to lend a book to another logos user and would also like to be able to borrow books like you can with kindle or a real book.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. (Logos 4 Mac) Mellel is a frequently used editor for long or Hebrew-containing documents on Mac, as Word is weak in these areas. "Copy Bible Verses" and "Paste" generally works for Mellel, but does not, however, properly format tabs, etc.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When taking notes in church, typing short notes is fine...but as I'm using more pen based apps I'd love to be able to be able to toggle back and forth between typed text and written notes

As a starter it could save the image of the handwriting in the note but then later could be updated to offer OCR capability, etc.

Another upgrade would allow you to write on the resource as if it's a book and that writing would be stored and would be displayed when that text is viewed, and could be turned on/off.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to download all of my resources to an external microSD card so that they are available when I can't connect to the Internet and don't consume the bulk of my internal storage (such as on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 that has 16 GB of internal storage and a 64 GB microSD card.

Supporting an external card could be a great experience for end users. That way, I could have one card that I could use in my Samsung Tab, my desktop system, or any other device Logos supports. Being connected to the Internet can be nice,…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Organizing Personal Books in the Personal Book Builder into folders/sub-folders like Favorites would greatly facilitate finding/viewing one's personal book library. Once you have a significant number of personal books, it can be a challenge to see what's there.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Timer on iPad when preaching/presenting
    • Editable notes on Mobile Devices
    • Record function- uploads straight to Faith-life Sermon
    • Transcribe function with Audio

• Sermon Series Planner (connected with Proclaim)

• Manuscript/Outline mode

• Preaching Occasion database eg What sermons have I preached at different locations?

• Fill in the Blanks for Handout

• Link Workflow, Notes, Clippings and Sermon Documents into One Series and Sermons

• Export Sermon outline from Workflow to Sermon Document with Headings to be filled in (Eg Sermon Template)

• EG Point One- Sub-point- Transitions etc.
    • Better Spell Check

• Better editing of Bible Verses; eg…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Much like Google Reader etc., the Logos RSS Reader would allow subscription to blogs and other RSS feeds that would be automatically downloaded, filed, and indexed within the Logos Library when Logos is opened.

These feeds would then be keyword searchable and citable like all other sources within the library. Allowing students, preachers, teachers, scholars or lay people to include up-to-date ideas within personal study, church work or academic documents.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)