Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The ability to add Factbook to a new Exegetical Guide Template would be a helpful way to create a guide for doing Biblical Exegesis.

A Biblical Research Paper includes information about the book or passages being under consideration. Facts about the author, date, history, etc. are readily available in the Factbook. However, when working out of the Exegetic Guide (I create my own as "My Exegetic Guide") adding those collections and tools necessary to do exegetical research; but, the Exegetic Guide topic do not include the data that is conveniently presented in Factbook. Therefore, it is necessary to open Factbook and My Exegetic Guide as separate panels--not unacceptable, although somewhat time consuming to keep switching back and forth between panels. If Factbook could be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search Algorithm

I have found bible verses using google and more general search criteria than in logos. Example: typed "Peter said where will we go" in google and found the verse that I was looking for. Could not find using logos. Any suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add foreign titles to community pricing bundles

There are a lot of foreign titles which may not have enough Logos supporters to see the light of day by themselves. But by incorporating them into bundles like the classic commentary bundles, there is a much greater likelihood they will get published.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Word List- Bolding Text

When importing lists then using the flash card function, there is no way to bold text within the provided text. For example, I am doing Greek study and some words have multiple definitions. I would like to be able to bold specific definitions as I choose but there seems to be no option for bold available nor does any of the HTML formatting codes work. Please advise. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After a User Adjusts the Width of a Table of Contents Pane, Allow the Program to Save that Setting for that Particular Resource

Within the Reader View mode, a resource’s Table of Contents (TOC) Pane is useful not only for its informational and navigational benefits but because by expanding the TOC Pane to the right a user can narrow a resource’s lines of text in the main part of the panel to a more comfortable reading width.

Unfortunately, after adjusting a TOC Pane’s width, if a user saves and closes the layout, reopens it, and then selects “show reading view”, the resource’s TOC Pane will be displayed in its original default width causing the user to have to resize the TOC Pane again.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have the ability to search resources you don't own in Logos.

I think it would be great if those of us with a multi-platform library (print and Logos) could search books that we only own in print. It wouldn't necessarily be a free feature, but it would allow Logos users that have some resources in print to be able to search them inside the program, generating a list of page numbers that we could look through in our print library. Similarly, we could see whether a resource we don't own at all really has what we need. The search results wouldn't necessarily provide the information, only a list of small previews.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have the narrative reading/audio reading available for iPad and iPhone so one could listen to their bible at anytime ...going for a walk ect

Have the narrative reading/audio reading available for iPad and iPhone so one could listen to their bible at anytime ...going for a walk ect

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Text to be Angled or Tilted

Currently, during the customization of a slide, the text or words can only be fixed to appear horizontally. Just as it is in many of the pre-designed slides, we should have the option to maneuver the text to lay in any direction by angling or tilting it up 180 degrees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Expand search with the ability to answer questions.

Expand searchability to answer questions. ie: "Who was the king who didn't care about the future of his kingdom?"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow mobile ed to auto play

This would allow the videos in mobile ed to autoplay, instead of having to play them segment at a time. I like to ride my stationary bike and watch but its a bit difficult when the segments don't autoplay.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cutting and pasting red-letter verses into word processors

Maybe I'm missing an existing feature but when I cut & paste red-letter verses, they always paste as black into the word processor

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring the Loeb Classical Library to Logos.

Bring the Loeb Classical Library to Logos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Connecting the Testaments Oct 23 reading

Dev Oct 23 Job God is ending at Job 24:23 which cuts off 1/2 way though linked questions from God.

Ending at 24:25 would make sense

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reduce the amount of blank space on the search window to allow more search results to be visible at once

Reduce the huge amount of blank space in the search window between the header [e.g. BIBLE RESULTS 602 results in 553 verses in 5 resources (10.18 sec)] and the top of the search results list.

The blank space takes up precious screen space!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tie Main Window and All Floating Panels Together

When the Main Window becomes active, all floating panels additionally come "to the top" and become active.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow common names of commentary sets in addtion to specific volume in annotations

Some of the popularly known commentary sets will have specific volumes that are written by different authors For example the Genesis volume for Barnes Commentary is written by James Murphy. Yet most people would find it by looking up Barnes Commentary in the electronic reference editions

It would be helpful if there was an OPTION to add the “common name” to the official annotation.

Example the annotation in Turabian style for Genesis 2:15-17 lists James G. Murphy "Boston: Estes and Lauriate, 1873" (Notes on the Old Testament: Genesis) 100 No one looking at this annotation would have any idea that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Referring to the comments on the Pentecostal/Charismatic Silver Base Package

I agree with Donovan and some others. I think you need to come out with a Pentecostal and Charismatic Gold Base Package and include The Stanley Horton Pentecostal bundle, the Modern English Version, the study notes for the Life in the Spirit Study Bible, etc. I nominate Donovan to put it together.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base