Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Change location of info button in library

Change location of the info button for library resources to be farther from the slider. I accidentally hit the slider when trying to select info

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On-Off Button For Link Sets

Please consider making it possible to click on the colored Link Set icon (A, B, C, D, E, F) on the surface area of each panel tab, in order to turn the link on and off quickly without having to open the panel menu.
    This would be a tremendous time saver, as those resources that scroll slowly when the link is turned on could then have their link turned off quickly to read a long passage, and then immediately have their link turned back on with a quick click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Prayer List Show Details

Can we add an option to display all the notes for a prayer request as it used to be possible in Logos 3 (see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/15015.aspx ). The closest I have come is to go into Reading View and clicking on each item that is longer than it will display to put it into edit mode, but that's a painful way to go over your prayer list - I'd really like to pull up the list and then just pray, rather than monkeying around with the mouse all the time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow adding "copied notes" into a specific place in a doc. not always chronological order as in vir. 7

My original ver. of logos allowed this, but in the last couple of versions i have purchased it has changed to chronological order only. I have not been able to find a way to move the note other than dragging it, and in a large doc. i spend hours moving notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please check no.100 on "Synopsis of four gospels"

100. THE FATE OF THE DISCIPLES

Kurt Aland, Synopsis of the Four Gospels (Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009)

The first section should be "Matthew."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could you please work a bit more on your Dutch language option

There are several mistakes in the Dutch menu. As it is now it the mistakes are (somewhat) disturbing. If you want I could give you some suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Open All Commentaries option

When I'm doing a study on a passage, I frequently want to at least glance at each commentary that's available.

In some instances, you might have 20 commentaries available to you depending on the passage. Manually opening them all is a bit of a pain.

It would be nice to have an "Open All Commentaries" option to save some time rather than manually opening each one for those times when you want them in separate tabs. (As opposed to switching which commentary is open in a single tab.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow selective exporting of Clippings

I am writing a paper, and I have a lot of clippings with tags for the section of the paper they apply to. I want to take them with me to work tomorrow in a Word document (since I can't see them on my iPad), but only want one section/tag. If I export them all, they make 44 pages of unsorted clippings. I'd like to select only one and be able to export that for working on a paper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Larger navigation arrows on slide bars.

Is there a reason for the arrows on the slide bars being so small? A bit larger or even coloured would make navigating much easier for our aging population. I doubt that larger arrows would disturb those whose eyesight is still in top form.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cluster search results into items you intend to use

For example, after searching for a Bible word or phrase - be able to select items into smaller manageable groups that are relevant to your needs and can be viewed in one place. This could be done by dragging to a box or by checking a box and creating a new mini window that could be titled and saved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Home Screen "More" isn't really more for me.

Articles and other text blocks on the Home screen generally have the "more" link that opens a new window or opens the default browser. I would love for this to be as simple as dragging the corner of that block to expand or when I hover over to show the full text, even if this had scroll bars.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ESV AUDIO Bible Improvement Icon

November 6, 2015

I have to go through table of contents to go back to my reading. Hopefully in your next upgrade your customers can see were they are on the Icon pic instead maybe above where it says "Hear The Word ESV Audio Book" you can place chapter name and # much easier for your customers 

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it so my prioritization of resources(dictionaries, commentaries) on my mac sync to the iPhone app

when I do word studies on my iPhone app it always pulls up the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary definition. I would prefer it use my top prioritized dictionary. I would also like to be able to see a few different dictionary definition instead of just one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Vyrso favorites

I would be happy if you would add a favorite collection or author tab to logos and vyrso and a way to keep track of books that I have read

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Two changes to searchs

#1 Have the page numbers at the top of the search and the bottom, instead of just at the bottom.

#2 It would be nice to be able to x out a search listing as you scroll thru them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Logos Product Catalog as a downloadable and searchable resource

I have an unusual suggestion/request. I have thought for a while that there should be a Logos product "catalog" made into a Personal Book (based on the resources you sell). Using Logos can allow for some searches not possible on the website and be linked to reports so that when a topic/reference is looked up, related book suggestions from the book (of resources the user owns or could purchase) would come up to enhance the search.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. That an option for the home screen content be able to be linked to, or driven by the Lectionary.

A home screen where the media and content is driven by, or the refers to the lectionary might help those of us who are lectionary preachers. It might offer additional opportunities to review resources from the our library that are not usually selected to utilized. This might be most helpful if the home screen could be linked not only to the current week's readings but also having the flexibility to focus upon the readings of a coming week. (Being able to select current week or 1, 2, 3 etc. weeks in advance.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "NOT" operator to library filter syntax

At present, if I want to filter my library on the NOT of a single condition, I have to artificially add a universal condition so that I can use the ANDNOT operator; e.g.

rating:>=0 ANDNOT mytag:"value"

It would be more natural to use something like:

NOT mytag:"value"

or maybe

mytag!:"value"

(Note the exclamation mark preceding the colon.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give us the right click option to rename a document.

Give us the right click option to rename a document.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I absolutely love the New Amplified Study Bible…Please consider how you might be able to integrate it into your Logos Desk Top Software...

Hi,

I absolutely love the New Amplified Study Bible… Amplified Study Bible of 2015 Break Through the Language Barrier.
    Can be found at http://www.lockman.org/amplified/index.php

It is available with e-Sword X: Bible Study Extreme free software which can be found at https://itunes.apple.com/app/e-sword-x/id968437868?mt=8

This is by far my favourite study bible and I would truly appreciate if it were integrated into your software so I don’t have to use two separate study tools.

I strongly suggest you look at how you might be able to integrate this bible into Logos...

Thank you,

Eddie Hiscock

Eddie.Hiscock@icloud.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?