Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I absolutely love the New Amplified Study Bible…Please consider how you might be able to integrate it into your Logos Desk Top Software...

Hi,

I absolutely love the New Amplified Study Bible… Amplified Study Bible of 2015 Break Through the Language Barrier.
    Can be found at http://www.lockman.org/amplified/index.php

It is available with e-Sword X: Bible Study Extreme free software which can be found at https://itunes.apple.com/app/e-sword-x/id968437868?mt=8

This is by far my favourite study bible and I would truly appreciate if it were integrated into your software so I don’t have to use two separate study tools.

I strongly suggest you look at how you might be able to integrate this bible into Logos...

Thank you,

Eddie Hiscock

Eddie.Hiscock@icloud.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For the Lexham Hebrew Bible, have the word root and definition come up when you put the mouse over it.

It's inconvenient to have to click on every word to see the definition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sermon Editor Basic Mac key-strokes Command Right/Left

incorporate basic word processor keystrokes into sermon editor. you aren't able to hit command arrow right or left to move to front or end

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add numerals or outlining characters to Emphasis Markup

I often want to write/type numbers in the text to mark a list of points. Sometimes each point is accompanied by so much text that it's easy to miss that the passage is listing points or adding examples to develop the thought that the passage is trying to teach. Being able to add Outlining Characters within the text would be even better: I, II, III, a, b, c, 1, 2, 3. . . and how about being able to choose the color of these characters?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. promote and provide more Wesleyan and Arminian resources

I have no hard data to prove my concern, but there seems to be a lot more promotion and availability of Calvinist/Reformed resources than Wesleyan/Arminian resources. I understand that our landscape has more of one persuasion over the other, but when I see Piper and Sproul being offered in “bulk” my theological sensitivities kick in including Staff picks that are full of reformed theology.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add two default choices to the overall program.

1) Let the user choose whether to have the book open with the side outline or the top bar location - I like the outline and have to change it on every book I use.
    2) Let the user choose the sorting order for notes according to their reading style. Every day I have to choose the sorting order for my notes for every theme, when I use the same one (newest first) consistently. It is a distraction from my focus on the meaning of the passage to have to change the sorting order of my notes each day for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Triple Click Runs Morph Search on Lemma

It would be nice if triple clicking a word in a tagged text would run a morph search on the lemma.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export Bible Verses with a selected resource text.

When selecting text within a resource the ability to export Bible Verses with a selected resource text as footnotes would be helpful. i.e. selecting a paragraph from a resource and exporting it to Word would include the selected text, citation as footnote and also the referenced bible verses referred to in the selected text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a short cut key to add a new note.

That way you don't have to right click then left click. You can add shortcut keys to highlighter colors. Same would be great for a new note. It would really help me record my ideas as I read scripture and commentaries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 'time machine' function to retrieve documents that were deleted by accident etc

can go back at a particular time/version and retrieve the 'lost' version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clipping Note Bibliography

I think the link on the bottom right hand side to get to your bibliography should be placed somewhere on the top of your Clipping Note, that is, if the ideas of bibliography implementation don't change. I think it needs to be easier to locate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve Logos Indexer performance (allow it to index in background)

The Logos Indexer is a resource hog in Windows. Even when priority is set to low it chews up resources and slows down machined performance dramatically.

See http://community.logos.com/forums/t/77979.aspx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve the search engine on your website

Unless you enter the name of the book/author exactly right the search engine on the Logos website struggles to find relevant resources.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Document finder does not mark system files

I just deleted Notes that were default holders for highlights. When Logos creates a system file, please mark it in some way. When a user creates a highlight, Logos creates a default notes file, with a default name, and then expects the user to recognize and preserve that Notes file. Put that Notes file in a separate system tools folder. Why should the user be responsible for caring for files he or she did not know they even created?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please begin to Categorize the 1001 suggestions, i.e. "Interface", "Library", "Searching", "Notes", etc.

Finding a suggestion simular to one you might vote for is currently like looking at a phone book without being alphabetized, except by most popular person is first. Sorting the entire list by "Most Votes" is interesting, but when I'm looking for interface improvments I cant find them except scrolling through every single idea in the entire database, some 25+ pages. The suggestion is to create some sort of categories, like ideas for: iPhone, Searching, Library, etc, etc. So we can select the category simular to our idea and find one to vote for or enter a new one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Indexing/Searching - Simultaneous search of Notes, Bibliography, my personal papers, and my Logos Library

I write many papers with many bibliographies and topics. When I prepare a paper, I currently must independently search the library, then my notes, my bibliographies and my papers. It would be GREAT if I could search my notes, my bibliographies, my papers AND my library ALL at the same time. Doing so would help prevent the duplication of research and writing (which I have unfortunately done several times).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base