Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

1. I just upgraded to Logos 6 format. I believe the new format of the home page is not as user friendly as Logos 3, 4 & 5 was.

For the home page go back to the multiple page format that was used in Logos 3, 4, & 5. The scroll page format is not as easy to scan or read the articles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Search Results into a Collection

SUGGESTION: After running a search, I would like to the ability to create a collection of books from the search result.

BENEFIT: Create Collections based on custom searches unique to a passage or topic.

HOW: Add to the "Search Result Resource Panel menu": "Save as Collection". It's the same functionality and menu that you find in the Bibliography Resource Panel Menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Best Accounting software for Churches

You have already the best Bible Study Software. Why not to try new frontiers like developing the best accounting software for churches. As easy as QuickBooks, and complete design for church.

(I'm using QuickBooks Premier - Nonprofit Edition 2011, did you know the call the members of the church "Customers", and the offerings they call it "Donations", and the Ministries they call it "Items and Services"). But I have to live with that because nobody want the challenge of making something easy and good for church accounting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would very much like to add "Things to Come" by J. Dwight Pentecost to my library.

I would very much like to add "Things to Come" by J. Dwight Pentecost to my library.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make the School of Biblical Evangelism available for mobile devices

As part of an entire study course, this would be a great book to be able to carry around and have mobile access to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think its absolutely unfair that you want to charge long time users for Logos Now

I have spent a lot of money with you over the years, and I can't believe that now your are using Logos Now as a way to charge for updates. I also don't think it's fair that you are using logos cloud as an option for use, when myself and many other have spent thousands of dollars purchasing the program

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is highly annoying to have the search page go back to the start and back to "All Passages" when looking up multiple results.

It is highly annoying to have the search page go back to the start and back to "All Passages" when looking up multiple results.
      It should go back to the last search results point.
    Please feel free to contact me if you want more information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to see smooth scrolling, or, if it is already a capability, the Help pane to show how to turn it onn/off.

I would like to see smooth scrolling, or, if it is already a capability, the Help pane to show how to turn it on/off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add another option in library drop down menu - Order Purchased. Would be great!

Add another option in library drop down menu - Order Purchased.
    There are times when it would be helpful to see your recent purchases. Thanks for asking!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add English (UK) as a supported language for spell-checking purposes.

This would be of great help when editing documents, notes, sermons etc. within Logos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shared Logos Plan for preaching staff

It would be amazing to have one main account for a church and have multiple users on that account. Seems like it could be more beneficial cost-wise and you could pay an additional fee per user that is added to the account. If that staff member leaves, simply remove them from the account and that fee would then fall off. I know our church would jump on something like this right away.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let us buy books individually.

You are just like satellite tv companies, requiring us to buy books as part of packages. Those packages quickly become unafordable. Why not let us purchase individual books that we will actually use?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow a reference range for resources in Multiview

Allow a reference range to be specified for a resource that would limit when a resource will be displayed in the Multiview panel. For example, lets say we have Bible A with Apocrypha as the main resource, and add the following Multiview resources:

Bible B without Apocrypha: include for any passage that it contains.
    Bible C with Apocrypha: include only for Apocrypha references

Thus, the resultant Multiview panel would always display 2 and only 2 columns:

Bibles A&B for non-Apocrypha
    Bibles A&C for the Apocrypha

(Posted on behalf of Pete De Bonte)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update/Correct Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament: SBL Edition, Expansions and Annotations

I'm a Bible translator in Indonesia. As I've been translating Ephesians, I've on occasion referenced the Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament: SBL Edition, Expansions and Annotations. I've consistently found that with more difficult genitive constructs, it simply puts attributive genitive (it may even do that with all the genitive constructs in Ephesians, I'm not sure). However, the 5 or 6 times I've seen that done, the genitive construct is obviously not an attributive genitive. I'm not sure who made the notes on Ephesians, but it needs to be corrected with a more careful eye. I get the impression that it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to add Factbook to a new Exegetical Guide Template would be a helpful way to create a guide for doing Biblical Exegesis.

A Biblical Research Paper includes information about the book or passages being under consideration. Facts about the author, date, history, etc. are readily available in the Factbook. However, when working out of the Exegetic Guide (I create my own as "My Exegetic Guide") adding those collections and tools necessary to do exegetical research; but, the Exegetic Guide topic do not include the data that is conveniently presented in Factbook. Therefore, it is necessary to open Factbook and My Exegetic Guide as separate panels--not unacceptable, although somewhat time consuming to keep switching back and forth between panels. If Factbook could be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search Algorithm

I have found bible verses using google and more general search criteria than in logos. Example: typed "Peter said where will we go" in google and found the verse that I was looking for. Could not find using logos. Any suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)