Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. add linkset functionality to notes

Please enable Notefile content to scroll with bible,

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better bookmark features

Bookmarking is fairly limited in Logos 4. I should be able to have as many bookmarks as I want in a book. I should also be able to use a short-cut that lets me popup my bookmarks and filter them by book, collection, tags, my mood, etc. This list should make it easy for me to jump back and forth between bookmarks. Perhaps there is even a short-cut key to jump back and forth between my last selected bookmark and my furthest position read. There should also be an automatic bookmark that saves the furthest page read so that if…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Highlight/marking/note list for each resource

It would be very nice to be able to see a list in each resource of all my highlights/markings/notes within that resource and showing part of the marked text. That way I can easily get to important ideas that I've marked and jump back and forth among them, like with the "bookmarks" tab in pdf readers. Each time I add a marking or note in a pdf document, the addition is included in the "bookmarks" tab with part of the text.

Right now exists the possibility to jump between highlights, but without seeing a list of the the highlighted texts.…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create a PBB marketplace

Create a commercial level of PBB that can be sold and provide an online marketplace (ala Apple's App Store) to facilitate it's promotion and sale.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add tablet pen use

When taking notes in church, typing short notes is fine...but as I'm using more pen based apps I'd love to be able to be able to toggle back and forth between typed text and written notes

As a starter it could save the image of the handwriting in the note but then later could be updated to offer OCR capability, etc.

Another upgrade would allow you to write on the resource as if it's a book and that writing would be stored and would be displayed when that text is viewed, and could be turned on/off.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Complete My Resource/Commentary Set

Logos software can keep track of the resources currently owned and create a list to recommend updates or additional resources to complete a set (e.g. the NAC has had a few additions in the past few months, so keeping a tab on those resources to remind me to purchase in order to complete my commentary set). I'm OCD and like full sets, but have a hard time keeping up with which commentary sets have new resources.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. * Suggestion: Please change they way Book Info pop-ups work when looking in the Library.

Make it so that you only get a Book Info pop-up when you hover your mouse cursor over the book icon on the left.

The problem is that no matter where your mouse cursor is, when you're in the Library, you get these annoying Book Info pop-ups.

It is overkill to have Book Info pop-ups everywhere and anywhere that you rest your mouse cursor in the Library. Plus the system is working overtime to create these pop-ups.

It would be much less annoying and less taxing on the system if Book Info pop-ups only happened when you hover your mouse…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add text to speech function

Would be great to hear our Logos books and Bibles read aloud to us on all platforms (Windows, Android, Mac, iphone) [in that order :-)].
    Perhaps start with adding a listen to bible verses as part of the new Scripture memory tool. What a great way to memorize Scripture!
    You can check out esvbible.org for an example of listening to a passage function. Kindle and some other epub readers in Android have text to speech functions that allow you to hear your book read. Would be great on Logos. thanks!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Undo (Ctrl+Z) for highlighting

Undo the most recently applied formatting. This is different from Erase where you'd have to select again the text that was highlighted and click a button. Ctrl+Z should just do the most recently applied highlighting wherever it is, and you should be able to do multiple Undos.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable the option to unhide multiple resources

This was originally posted as a request for enabling the hiding and unhiding multiple resources at once. The former part was adopted. The latter was not. see OP "An easier way to hide and unhide multiple resources rather than one at a time.")

Why this would be helpful is that situations and educational ability change. I hid many resources (1000's) that were in languages I had no interest in at the time but am now interested in. Not to mention Logos' greatly enhanced ability to sift through those resources and fairly inexpensive processing power to perform those functions. Bradly mentioned…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve Logos 4 Mac Note Positioning

Improve Logos 4 Mac Note so clicking on a note icon positions corrresponding note near top of panel (opening note file if needed). See forum thread => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/31862.aspx Also, when creating a new note from a resource, the Note File does not scroll to the correct location, which should behave the same as Logos 4 Windows.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a Devotional Guide (parallel to PG, EG and BWS)

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/41291/307827.aspx#307827 inspired this suggestion. I would enjoy using a Guide that pulled together the following Logos functions - some with some modifications. It should handle secular calendar dates and liturgical calendar dates to the same degree Logos currently handles them. I have put added functionality below the Guide sections.

Lectionary section
    add ability to select between options
    add ability to mark items as read
    Calendar devotional section
    add ability to mark items as read
    NEW: Prayer book section - works like a calendar devotional except that it follows the liturgical calendar of the lectionaries.
    Prayer list section (with the modifications…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Highlight "My Content" search results in documents

The search results for a "My Content" search should be highlighted in the Notes, Clippings, and other documents. Ideally, a Next/Previous Search Result button would let you navigate through the hits. Collapsed notes should be expanded automatically to show the results.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stylus, and multitasking support on Android devices! (Namley the Samsung Galaxy Note 1, 10.1, and 2)

I have moved to using logos as my primary study medium. I have been using it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet every morning for worship and have really appreciated the fact that I can now highlight, take notes, etc. But... when you have a pen, particularly a good pen like the Note has, you want to be able to turn the pages with your hand, and use the stylus like you would a highlighter. No dialogue boxes to go through everytime.

Maybe it could be setup so that you could select your current highlighter type, then, whenever you…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow highlights to be displayed/applied to multiple Bibles, like 'notes' do already.

When I create and apply a highlight to a selection of text or whole verse, it would be wonderful if that highlight was also visible in other Bibles that I open up. I see that the notes I create are visible in other Bibles, but my highlights are not. Maybe even it there was a way to transfer the highlights or copy them to a different translation of the Bible would be great. I used to use OliveTree and this feature is built into their app (as long as you apply the highlight to an entire verse and not just…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Vyrso website wishlist

This would be helpful in keeping track of books that catch your interest, but are outside of the budget at the time. Basically the same functionality as the main Logos Website. I find myself saying, "I'll pick that up next month" but then forget what it was I was going to pick up!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base