Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Our Book review

see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/11249.aspx for details & mockup of idea.

Allow us to write our own review for books in our library. This can be helpful for us when we examine a book and want to make note of what we liked or disliked about a book.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneNote integration

Sitting in Morris Proctor's training camp. Love the functionality of Logos being copied into Word and Powerpoint. Please consider adding the same functionality with MS OneNote - the ability to research, compile and file and SEARCH Logos copied content in OneNote would be huge

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Logos 4 Mac Missing Important Windows Highlighting Option

In Logos 4 Mac, you cannot vary the THICKNESS of the line being used to underline text in a verse.
    In Logos 4 Windows under the "Highlighting Menu" it allows you to create custom lines of varying thicknesses and also various colors.
    This is extremely useful as a highlighting feature. It allows you to choose any thickness or any color of line to underline your text.
    Logos 4 Mac desperately needs this same function, which is currently available only in Logos 4 Windows.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable the option to unhide multiple resources

This was originally posted as a request for enabling the hiding and unhiding multiple resources at once. The former part was adopted. The latter was not. see OP "An easier way to hide and unhide multiple resources rather than one at a time.")

Why this would be helpful is that situations and educational ability change. I hid many resources (1000's) that were in languages I had no interest in at the time but am now interested in. Not to mention Logos' greatly enhanced ability to sift through those resources and fairly inexpensive processing power to perform those functions. Bradly mentioned…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add chapters option in Bible reading program

just like you can select verses, make it so you can select how many chapters are read each day.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Faithlife news feed

Bring back and improve news feed on the homepage of the software, allowing the user to configure based on their preferences.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a "GROUP" feature to the menu bar

Right now, we can drag resources, tasks {Cited by, Text Comparison, Favorites, and the like} to the top bar and they can be accessed very easily. The problem now is … I have too many items up there and have to scroll back and forth to access them at times. Not so terrible - and still faster than going to the main location of each. But ...
    Would it be possible to GROUP certain frequently used features / resources on the top under an icon (or text) of our choosing. Then if we merely hoover over that icon, a drop-down…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Smooth pixel by pixel Autoscroll function

I would like a native speed controllable smooth autoscroll scroll function selectable from "Program Settings" menu. This is separate from the Windows mouse wheel autoscroll that is too choppy to use. The speed should be controllable by using the "up" and "down" keys to adjust increasing or decreasing scroll speed. The scroll smoothness should be pixel by pixel and not line by line as with the mouse wheel autoscroll function.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reinstate "Send To Kindle" Feature!!!!

I know you only had this feature for a short time, and it was probably because of the lawyers who couldn't stand making extra money at Amazon, but this feature is a tremendous help. If we purchase a resource, why should we have to buy it again on Kindle, just so we can read on a Kindle e-Reader (I'm not talking about the apps).

This is a great feature, and I wanted it for a long time. Fortunately, when you announced that this feature was going away, I was able to send about 400 books to my PaperWhite. That gives…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhance User File Management So They Are Truly Backed Up

One of the spin off benefits from the Synchronise feature of Logos 4 is that we now have the current version of our personal data secured on a server in the cloud. I appreciate that this has raised a set of issues about whether or not a user would want this and also what type of data can now be stored for legal reasons but for many users this could become a real benefit.

As things stand the existing implementation has limited benefits as a backup system because there is a single restore option which is restore all to last…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it possible to export notes to WOrd

This was a handy feature that I used quiet frequently when still using Logos 3...and it's something I miss dearly. When working in study or translation groups I would like to export my notes in a format that everyone has access too. Unfortunately, because of the individual cells in the notes, it takes me a very long time to copy and paste all of my content into Word. It would be much easier too: a) allow highlighting from multiple cells in the notes simultaneously, or b) to allow exporting of notes directly to Word. Thank you!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add highlighting function to clippings

The ability to use the highlighting tools within the clippings window would be fabulous. I use the clippings window when preparing for messages, and the ability to highlight the clippings would be indispensable.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Commentary Browser

Logos is an amazing program and there seems to be a nexus with some of the tagging that results in a new tool. Take for instance the "Bible Browser." A lot of this tool is just helping with the searching already in place but a bit complicated. It's brilliant for new users and old users who just want to get to the data.

This brought me to the idea of a "Commentary Browser" Let me explain. I run a passage guide on Romans 8:17 (my focus is the suffering), there are "Cross References" that I see may be relevant. So…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import Kindle and iBooks isto logos

So that we can use the searching feature with the Logos app with our other books. Some books (most in fact) that universities request are not on logos or Vyrso so it would be awesome to be able to import them.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. include windows tablet functions

Logos does met seem to respond to Windows 7 tablet hand writing functions. IE frequently use my stylus and the on-screen keyboard is cumbersome.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Speed video playback

I would like to have in Mobile Ed videos in LOGOS the to ability to increase audio/video playback at different interval speeds when watching the lessons. This feature is available in the video programs such as: VLC media player, YouTube & Windows media player. This would allow the user to watch the lessons at a faster pace diminishing your time watching the videos. Your brain will get used to the higher speeds and faster input. The brain is more capable than what we think. I can watch a 3min video in 1min that's saving time!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import notes from Olive Tree

I have Switched from Olive Tree to Logos, but I have many notes linked to verses in the Olive Tree program. I would like all my notes in one place. Is there an automated means of bringing these notes into Logos and linking them to the proper Scripture references? I have too many notes to do one at a time.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to write notes within the Bible text or any resources

Just like scribbling notes on the actual bible, I would like to see Logos having the ability to do this.

The following is what I've suggested in the forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/29386.aspx

"From what I'm currently seeing from the bible text that is associated to the note files is how the Visual Filters Menu (the three circles on top of the book's toolbar) controls the overall visual of all the highlighting, notes, etc. on the bible text. We check and uncheck to hide/show those notes and highlights. My point is these visual filters provide an idea on how we can control which…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 87 88
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base