Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Word Wrap Song Copyrights in Proclaim

Make song copyrights word wrap in Proclaim. Currently if you reduce the text box size it only shows the words that fit within that size box. With long copyright notices an extremely small font size is required to show all of the text in one line.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Desktop App Reading Plans: Put the name of the reading plan in the headers inserted into the text I am reading.

On the desktop app, with multiple family members reading the Bible on parallel plans, there is no distinction in the headers inserted into the text for start and stop. The mobile app already has this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create the Bible Notes Document - "Create your own commentary"

Add a Document called "Bible Notes" and whenever we make a comment on a passage, make "Bible Notes" - if it is open - an option for us to save our comments there. And have them appear IN BIBLICAL ORDER - even under the headings [Genesis, etc].

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. note commentary sets in footnotes

When a commentary appears in the footnotes, it doesn't note if that commentary is part of a series, like the Word Biblical Commentary. It lists the author and book title like the book was a stand-alone work. The set the book is in should be noted in all bibliographic information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide labels in multiple resource stacked view

Stacking multiple resources makes more sense for my laptop, but the horizontal labels take a considerable amount of room. Using vertical labels on the side would make it much more usable. I've posted a concept picture here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/140625.aspx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Upgrades for the Atlas tool

In the Atlas took, it would be nice to:

1. Type in a location, hit "enter" and have that single location show up with an auto-zoom. The current search interface is a bit clunky.

2. Have the capability to click on a map and manually mark a point of interest, or perhaps put a dot or an "x" to indicate a geographical location(s). This would be really helpful in public presentations. Sometimes it's hard to point out specific locations in the Atlas.

Thank you for your consideration!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Alphabetizing My Prayer List

Dear LOGOS,

If Alphabetizing my Prayer List works on my iPhone
    which it does why not on my MacBook Pro as
    well? Thanks just thought I’d ask

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow selective viewing of Clippings based on tag selection

I would like to have a list of selectable tags within a Clippings document, much like the pop-out table-of-contents navigation panel of other resources. As tags are added to clippings, the tag would be added to the navigation list, and then the clippings could be selectively viewed by clicking on the associated tags (preferably allowing multiple tags to be selected at once). This would allow a user to view an appropriate sub-set of clippings with a clippings document - for example, viewing only those which apply to a specific section of a paper being written at the time. This would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it possible to 'collapse' and 'expand' a passage list.

Why? To 'gather' or to 'separate' the verses in the passage list.

Say a person uses the 'Save as Passage List' feature in Logos. With the new list, things aren't exactly as the person wants. If the person wants to 'separate' the verses in the list, they are wanting to export the list to Word as a verse-by-verse list so it can be formatted and printed at a large size in Word as a handout given to people with poor eyesight. (This is what my dad needs.) I would like the opposite, I like the new Bible Browser feature, but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. provide a warning about resource files being deleted when uninstalling, or don't delete them.

When uninstalling Logos 4, it would be good if the user was warned that their downloaded resource files would be deleted as part of this uninstall. Redownloading multiple GB of books is not fun :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Functionkeys to open guides

it would be nice if I read a bible verse in a bible, that I just could press a function key to open the different guides about that verse I am reading

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please provide a dropdown list of the available filters in the "Start with" box of collections tool

As noted in this thread:
    Please provide a dropdown list of the available filters in the "Start with" box of collections tool - Logos Bible Software Forums < http://community.logos.com/forums/t/20940.aspx >

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sorting the Guide Windows Alphabetically.

In the Exegetical and Passage Guides you have many different things that can be shown, Grammars, Grammatical Constructions, Atlas, that kind of thing. When you have a lot of them showing it would be great to sort them Alphabetically.

I would like to see it in the right click, like where the Collapse All is located.

This would also quickly show you when you have two of the same open, like Grammar twice. I'm a bit surprised you can have two of the same open, but it can happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A "Go Box" that will search multiple scriptures at once.

For example: Romans 12:1, 15:30, 16:17. And the results display in one tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Re-work the indexing tool to a more rapid response. A librarian does't take every book down and re-shelve them when a new book arrives.

It seems that when a new version of Logos is put up to update existing version, the indexing takes longer and longer. I understand that the size of the personal library has something to do with the amount of time to index. But it should not take a full day when prior indexing has been done. There seems to be a lot of redundancy built into your indexing process. It is frustrating and takes entirely too long.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Highlighting/Emphasis Markup: please add "Newline After"

Highlighting/Emphasis Markup: please add "Newline After" to divide the poetry into smaller units

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. work out the failure of compatibility with Wordperfect 6 copy and paste

It seems that copy/paste does not work out of the Scripture in the latest versions of Wordperfect 6. Some of us really perfer WP to Word because of the controls in WP. PLEASE continue to support us! I know we may be considered Luddites, but we are not!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In sentence diagramming, allow more control for making lines dotted.

When using certain pre-determined shapes in sentence diagramming, allowing for individual selection of the lines in the shapes would be great. For example, the rocket shape for diagramming compound parts of a sentence does not allow the conjunction line to be dotted instead of solid, yet most diagramming lessons will require a dotted line. The entire shape can be made dotted, but not just one part of it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Voice search of Bible verses

With Logos App open on my phone or tablet pc, when I mention "John 3:16", Logos app opens the verse for me in the Bible version that is set to be open, or when I quote a Bible verse with a few key words mentioned, Logos searches it and open all the verses that contains key words. In this case, the action word for Logos App is "the Bible says" or "In the Bible." It will be a great help to pastors and Bible teacher who want to deliver a correct quotation of Bible verses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base