Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make it possible to 'collapse' and 'expand' a passage list.

Why? To 'gather' or to 'separate' the verses in the passage list.

Say a person uses the 'Save as Passage List' feature in Logos. With the new list, things aren't exactly as the person wants. If the person wants to 'separate' the verses in the list, they are wanting to export the list to Word as a verse-by-verse list so it can be formatted and printed at a large size in Word as a handout given to people with poor eyesight. (This is what my dad needs.) I would like the opposite, I like the new Bible Browser feature, but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. provide a warning about resource files being deleted when uninstalling, or don't delete them.

When uninstalling Logos 4, it would be good if the user was warned that their downloaded resource files would be deleted as part of this uninstall. Redownloading multiple GB of books is not fun :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Functionkeys to open guides

it would be nice if I read a bible verse in a bible, that I just could press a function key to open the different guides about that verse I am reading

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please provide a dropdown list of the available filters in the "Start with" box of collections tool

As noted in this thread:
    Please provide a dropdown list of the available filters in the "Start with" box of collections tool - Logos Bible Software Forums < http://community.logos.com/forums/t/20940.aspx >

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sorting the Guide Windows Alphabetically.

In the Exegetical and Passage Guides you have many different things that can be shown, Grammars, Grammatical Constructions, Atlas, that kind of thing. When you have a lot of them showing it would be great to sort them Alphabetically.

I would like to see it in the right click, like where the Collapse All is located.

This would also quickly show you when you have two of the same open, like Grammar twice. I'm a bit surprised you can have two of the same open, but it can happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A "Go Box" that will search multiple scriptures at once.

For example: Romans 12:1, 15:30, 16:17. And the results display in one tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Re-work the indexing tool to a more rapid response. A librarian does't take every book down and re-shelve them when a new book arrives.

It seems that when a new version of Logos is put up to update existing version, the indexing takes longer and longer. I understand that the size of the personal library has something to do with the amount of time to index. But it should not take a full day when prior indexing has been done. There seems to be a lot of redundancy built into your indexing process. It is frustrating and takes entirely too long.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Highlighting/Emphasis Markup: please add "Newline After"

Highlighting/Emphasis Markup: please add "Newline After" to divide the poetry into smaller units

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. work out the failure of compatibility with Wordperfect 6 copy and paste

It seems that copy/paste does not work out of the Scripture in the latest versions of Wordperfect 6. Some of us really perfer WP to Word because of the controls in WP. PLEASE continue to support us! I know we may be considered Luddites, but we are not!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In sentence diagramming, allow more control for making lines dotted.

When using certain pre-determined shapes in sentence diagramming, allowing for individual selection of the lines in the shapes would be great. For example, the rocket shape for diagramming compound parts of a sentence does not allow the conjunction line to be dotted instead of solid, yet most diagramming lessons will require a dotted line. The entire shape can be made dotted, but not just one part of it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Voice search of Bible verses

With Logos App open on my phone or tablet pc, when I mention "John 3:16", Logos app opens the verse for me in the Bible version that is set to be open, or when I quote a Bible verse with a few key words mentioned, Logos searches it and open all the verses that contains key words. In this case, the action word for Logos App is "the Bible says" or "In the Bible." It will be a great help to pastors and Bible teacher who want to deliver a correct quotation of Bible verses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add LHI "RefTagger"

LHI would add tremendous power to users of RefTagger such as my WEB site:
    YH-WH.com.

Don,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Restore the Stars

I think it would be greatly helpful to restore the stars in the section of commentaries and resources of my Commentaries list. I can no longer mark specific books that are helpful that I want to refer to as I study... they just remain in the list without distinction from the rest of the books. It is a small tool that saves lots of time because it prevents me from reopening resources that I am not actively wanting to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Links to scripture would be great if they opened in the copy Bible tool when clicked.

Links to scripture would be great if they opened in the copy Bible tool when clicked. Treasury of scripture knowledge would be great like this bc it is almost always used to copy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Intuitive interface, sort options for passage exegetical guides, conform to existing norms with mouse clicks

I'd like to sort All Commentaries by date of first edition so I can peruse commentary on TR text which doesn't exist in later commentaries. I'd like to sort commentary alphabetically so I can find the ones I prefer easily

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Prompt Before Indexing Begins

As others have noted, indexing monopolizes HDD and CPU resources and makes it virtually impossible to use the computer (particularly with large libraries). Two simple options would help: 1) prompt user before indexing begins and 2) allow indexing to be scheduled for a more convenient time. Apple routinely does this for all its updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow for the downloading of all notes

Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with the software. It would be great to be able to download all notes in their native format to a word document to be kept offline. I tried to do this many months ago in Logos 7 and I did not readily find an efficient way of doing this beyond the copy paste one by one. Thanks for the consideration. I LOVE this software and this company!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dynamic library search tool

Why not to incapsulate a library search tool in the library panel? When I need a specific commentary on John, for example, I must enter something like "type:commentary john" or "type:commentary subject:john". As for the syntax search, why dont allow to save these searches for repetitive use?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export from Pslams Explorer into Another Program

Since you are able search for text by genre. It would be nice to export results into another program like Microsoft Word. I would like to take Psalms that praise and worship God. (Part in text not entire Psalms) copy and paste print out and use verses to praise God. I was told to do that I would need to take screenshots then do it on my own.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it would be great if you could highlight in the Sermon Editor.

I am not a preacher so I only use this tool for teaching purposes on Sunday mornings and for my Thursday night Bible study with my buddies. For the Thursday night group I am preparing for an in depth study of Revelation beginning toward the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 and some guys may want a little more material than what we will be discussing in the group so I would like to highlight the stuff we are going to be talking about.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base