Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add "Systematic Theology" as a type of personal book

... with integration into the Theology Guide!

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reading Plan improvement (Custom plan)

I am currently unable to set up a Custom Reading Plan for "Honey from the Rock: Daily Devotions from Young Kuyper."

After email with CS, I discovered by accident that if you select the text of one entry at a time, the "select open resource" has the option to add that reading by title to the plan." Excellent! However, it would be so much better if could be done automatically.

Then, when I arrived at a page of entries in the plan, I discovered that it will not scroll so that more can be added. I hope this will be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit existing workflows rather than starting with a blank

Expository Sermon Prep workflow is great but I'd like to customize it instead fo creating a whole new workflow and linking in all the well-established tools in the pre-made workflow

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix too-easy-tab-close

I have multiple tabs open in a couple different panes. To select another tab, you click on it. I've had Logos 8 perhaps 2 weeks now and I think I've accidentally closed a tab about 8 times while trying to select it. The region around the close icon X is big enough compared with my tab size that it is easy to accidentally click it by mistake.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. change the way Logos "Deletes Annotations

Those who have been using Logos for decades are likely to have thousands of notes attached to words and chapters. Many of these notes in my case are duplicates from the time Logos has updated the system. This years as I have been reading through my Bible I've deleted probably hundreds of them, almost all through my phone or Kindle. But recently I deleted what I thought would be one. Unfortunately, I did not notice that that line was highlighted so Logos deleted every note on that line. Not good, not happy.
    Fortunately Zavier told me how to undelete so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prioritize Highlighting Panel

Let the user organize or prioritize the highlighting he uses most often rather than having to scroll up and down the list to find the ones he uses all the time.

Would be nice to have the highlighting styles I use most often right at the top one underneath the other for quick access.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow My Documents folder redirection in Windows

I cannot install Logos on my Windows 10 64bit system due to the following error: "The selected user does not have sufficient privileges..." Per the help document below this is because my "Personal" registry entry has been changed. That was a deliberate change, I am using My Documents folder redirection, which is a standard (but little-used) feature in Windows. If I were to change this setting, everything else on my system would break. So I cannot use Logos software.

Likely this would be best fixed by going to a speedy and feature-full web experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow to export and print WORKFLOW

Right now, after finishing my own workflow, and open it on left window, and sermon editor on the right window. It's fine if it is showing only my works from Workflow(which is text only as a result of export).
    Otherwise, I'd like to see my printed copy for Sermon editing process.
    Does it make a sense?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Indexing/Searching - Simultaneous search of Notes, Bibliography, my personal papers, and my Logos Library

I write many papers with many bibliographies and topics. When I prepare a paper, I currently must independently search the library, then my notes, my bibliographies and my papers. It would be GREAT if I could search my notes, my bibliographies, my papers AND my library ALL at the same time. Doing so would help prevent the duplication of research and writing (which I have unfortunately done several times).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Label Icons and Colors

Provide a way to label icons so when selection help text pops up that reminds the user of what they are using that icon for.

It would also be helpful is this could be done for color. So then the label for the icon and the label for the color would be mapped together as help text when selecting them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Logos 8 Print ALL NOTES - by topic, notebook, etc...for backup, handouts, etc.

Logos 8 at current can only print ONE note. It needs the ability to print ALL notes by Filter, Book, Range, etc including all not cross-references within those notes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an undo button to the notes editor context.

Either on the tools menu bar or in the vertical ellipse of Logos 8, adding an undo button would help with efficiency. Thanks for the consideration.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. bei logos kann ich ja NOTIZEN einfügen ins griechische NT. Dort sollen bitte AUDIO-Dateien einfügbar sein, - .wav oder .mp3

bei logos kann ich ja NOTIZEN einfügen ins griechische NT. Dort sollen bitte AUDIO-Dateien einfügbar sein, - .wav oder .mp3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a filter or search by denomination or tradition

I want to know the tradition or denominational bent of library contents and search results. I have a singe denomination package but I work across mutliple denominations. I therefore want to add resources to my library covering other denominations. I am currently reluctant to buy the resources I need because, unless it's in the title of the book, there seems no way to know what tradition or denomination the author represents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tab display without meaningless graphic

Currently the view Tabs are taking up too much space. They are too high to accommodate a pointless graphic. For me, just the abbreviated resource name is enough (as you have in the area to the right of the top menu). Also the possibility of thus having less depth to the tabs, would allow for two or more rows in each window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Light App reader for Android (or Apple)

Simpler less functional app for reading on mobile device. The current app is overloaded with functions and becomes slow on the device. It even restarts when I move to a different app. A simple reader app with note-taking and highlighting would be nice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Toggle hyphenation on and off

It would be nice to be able to toggle the hyphenation on and off. Just a small recommendation. I think the hyphenations are generated anyway.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. buddhism

I think it would be a very good idea to engage with other religious traditions (and their texts) that are getting more and more popular in the West, such as Buddhism or Taoism. What you did for the study of the Bible would be excellent for diving into the Pali, Sanskrit, Tibetan or Chinese Buddhist Canons. And for sure you would have a lot of paying customers from outside the Christian sphere.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Audio Auto Scrolling - toggle on/off OR enable/disable option

I understand that auto scrolling was developed back in 2014. I appreciate the function.

HOWEVER, there are times I do not want the program to auto-scroll (most of the times actually). When the audio is on it is very difficult to interact with the text. Most of my interaction with this is using the ESV Audio Bible.

MY REQUEST - Please develop a simple toggle option to enable/disable OR turn on/off the audio auto scroll function (in both the desktop and mobile applications).

This does seem to be a very simple programming thing. Many in my congregation (who I have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 88 89
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base