Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Copy Verses formatting option-Relative font size

Add coding to allow the user to change the relative font size of the verse numbers and reference. In HTML this is <font size=-2> </font size>.

I am asking for this because I copy these to a program that does not properly work with superscript text (which I prefer). If you could add this coding, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prioritize Highlighting Panel

Let the user organize or prioritize the highlighting he uses most often rather than having to scroll up and down the list to find the ones he uses all the time.

Would be nice to have the highlighting styles I use most often right at the top one underneath the other for quick access.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow My Documents folder redirection in Windows

I cannot install Logos on my Windows 10 64bit system due to the following error: "The selected user does not have sufficient privileges..." Per the help document below this is because my "Personal" registry entry has been changed. That was a deliberate change, I am using My Documents folder redirection, which is a standard (but little-used) feature in Windows. If I were to change this setting, everything else on my system would break. So I cannot use Logos software.

Likely this would be best fixed by going to a speedy and feature-full web experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow to export and print WORKFLOW

Right now, after finishing my own workflow, and open it on left window, and sermon editor on the right window. It's fine if it is showing only my works from Workflow(which is text only as a result of export).
    Otherwise, I'd like to see my printed copy for Sermon editing process.
    Does it make a sense?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Could you please add a keyboard shortcut to add a text selection to the handout?

Currently I have to do extensive trackpad or mouse work in order to go back and forth between clicking on the paragraph I want to add to my handout & clicking on the "handout" button. It would HUGELY speed up my workflow if you would simply make a keyboard shortcut to add a paragraph to the handout in the Sermon Editor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Not change reference range in search panel when changing Bible version

In search panel, when your reference range is e.g. Matthew-John, and you switch Bible versions, it automatically switches the reference range back to "All Passages." Can you make it so that when you switch Bible versions, it doesn't change the reference range. Customer service said it is not a bug, but is by design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Workflow (Basic Bible Study) should remember the cursor position

There is another problem in Basic Bible Study. LOGOS doesn’t always remember the location where you are typing.

Each time I have switched to a resourcewindow that is behind the Workflow window (another tab), when I go back to Workflow, LOGOS has forgotten my cursorposition and returns to the top op the Basic Bible Study. That’s quite irritating and causes a lot extra scrolling to find the place you were typing.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Organizing Books

PLEASE allow users to categorize their books according to their own needs or preferences, or put them in collections.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reading Plans for Collections

So I own all of the Luther's Works Collection as well as the Early Church Father's, and have them in a collection in my Logos Library. What I'd like to be able to do is read the entire collection I've created, but of course I'd set it to go over a multi-year period, say 5 or so years.

As part of this feature, the ability to read by section or chapter or letter or paragraph may also be useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Thank you for making a great software. I would like to add photos to the home page and I understand this is not possible.

I would like to add photos to the home page and I understand this is not possible. Part of studying God's Word is envisioning things that God has for us. In Habakkuk 2.2, it says "write the vision and make it plain". How can we write the vision without photos, artwork, etc. I would like to be creative in Logos and would like to add photos to my home page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Indexing/Searching - Simultaneous search of Notes, Bibliography, my personal papers, and my Logos Library

I write many papers with many bibliographies and topics. When I prepare a paper, I currently must independently search the library, then my notes, my bibliographies and my papers. It would be GREAT if I could search my notes, my bibliographies, my papers AND my library ALL at the same time. Doing so would help prevent the duplication of research and writing (which I have unfortunately done several times).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Label Icons and Colors

Provide a way to label icons so when selection help text pops up that reminds the user of what they are using that icon for.

It would also be helpful is this could be done for color. So then the label for the icon and the label for the color would be mapped together as help text when selecting them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Logos 8 Print ALL NOTES - by topic, notebook, etc...for backup, handouts, etc.

Logos 8 at current can only print ONE note. It needs the ability to print ALL notes by Filter, Book, Range, etc including all not cross-references within those notes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an undo button to the notes editor context.

Either on the tools menu bar or in the vertical ellipse of Logos 8, adding an undo button would help with efficiency. Thanks for the consideration.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For every note icon color, have the same color option for the highlight option

For instance, I can choose a red note icon and underline the word in red, but for a yellow or purple note icon, I cannot choose a yellow or purple underline. Please allow underline for all of the colors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Menue bar. I would like to suggest removing the "A" which is beside the actual resource which lets you know that the resource is linked.

Menu bar. I would like to suggest removing the "A" which is beside the actual resource which lets you know that the resource is linked. I don’t think it’s necessary to let you know that the resource is linked to “A” or “B” etc. It takes up to much space on the menu bar.
    Logos 7 didn’t take up that space even though I had my resources linked.

Thank you

Mike

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notes integration with other writing platforms or API's

Both students and academic scholars need to be writing, producing, and/or publishing a variety of content. Notes has seen some good improvement, however, it could use further advancement or perhaps a new tool beyond notes would be more appealing and functional. The inquiry and suggestion is about looking into the possibilities of integrating either offline or online (API) the various platforms used for writing, producing and publishing while obviously maintaining the Logos platform identity. API integration might further allow for edits and adjustments made in the platforms to also reflect in Logos. Currently, even exporting notes to a word document…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update Canvas to allow word search, then highlight all at one time.

Canvas is very labor intensive. Select highlight, move highlight, resize highlight, then copy paste it if you want to reuse it.
    Genesis 17 has the word "covenant" 12 times. Each one has to be highlighted one at a time (or I don't know how).
    It would be nice if it were as easy as it is to highlight in the Bible.
    Also when choosing a whole chapter, how about generate the next page rather than cutting off overflow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Print/Export my scripture selection allows me to print with highlights, but I cannot copy it to a word doc with the highlights.

Print/Export my scripture selection allows me to print with highlights, but I cannot copy it to a word doc with the highlights. Allow printing with Highlights and markups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base