Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Use keyboard tab to indent Notes line

When typing in Logos notes, pressing tab moves the focus to another object on the screen.
    I would like if pressing tab would add a text indent (like a multiple space), like any other text editor like MS Word does.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prompt Before Indexing Begins

As others have noted, indexing monopolizes HDD and CPU resources and makes it virtually impossible to use the computer (particularly with large libraries). Two simple options would help: 1) prompt user before indexing begins and 2) allow indexing to be scheduled for a more convenient time. Apple routinely does this for all its updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the merging of separate saved layouts. This would allow me to "import" the "Bible and Commentary" QuickStart layout into my own layout

I need the "Commentary" window from the "Bible and Commentary" Quickstart layout so that a single window can open any book in a commentary series. This feature isn't available any other way.
    Eg. a "Commentary" window to open John Goldingay's "Old Testament for Everyone." Then no matter what book of the Old Testament I want to go to, I just add the biblical reference into the "active reference" window, and I'm taken to that book.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Edit existing workflows rather than starting with a blank

Expository Sermon Prep workflow is great but I'd like to customize it instead fo creating a whole new workflow and linking in all the well-established tools in the pre-made workflow

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Biblical ordering of notes

It would be helpful to allow notes in a notebook to be organized in Biblical order. This would make printing of notes in a given passage much simpler than having to scroll through the entire notebook to find notes that are related to a given passage.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give back control of the homepage

I miss LOGOS 7. I am now loaded with blogs, advertisements, Bible Study magazine, Faithlife today, etc. I enjoyed the suggestion box on 7 for books you had in your library. This new format is very cumbersome. I wished there was a way to go back to 7 home page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Muito, Muito Importante uma Boa e Perfeita Visualização dos Livros da Minha Biblioteca

Gostaria de ter um Bom Acesso a todos os meus os Livros da Minha Biblioteca(os Meus Livros Escolhidos para Ler) Uma ESTANTE DE BOA VISUALIZAÇÃO com todos os meus Livros que escolhi para Ler, como numa Biblioteca Física, os Livros que quero Ler primeiramente, os que são importantes para o meu Ministério (Intercessões).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Focus on text.

The text that is outside of that selection is in a lighter color, helping to concentrate on the segment that you want to work.

With this way you can have access to all the features linked to that Bible, without the need to cut the text and paste it as a note.

It would help study and prayer.

To make the selection of the passage could be done as an underline or by pointing to the segment with two markers (start and end).
    It would be good an accessible button that allows to activate it, to deactivate it and to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Logos 8 prayer list does not allow me to mark my prayer requests as prayed for on my phone like Logos 7

In Logos 7, the prayer list feature was great. I could check off all of my requests right from the main page or my phone. Now, in Logos 8, I have to go into the prayer list section to do so and can't mark anything as prayed for on my phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Active Ruler for Atlas

Would it be possible to add an active ruler feature to the Atlas, wherein the user can right-click, select "Ruler", and then tap the 1st location, then the 2nd location and the ruler would tell them the distance between the two in miles?
    It would be great if the ruler could all the user to select multiple points, Point A, Point B, Point C, and the ruler would show the distance between Point A, then from Point B to Point C (it'd show added distance -- i.e. A->B = 10mi, then B->C = A->B + B->C), similar to how Google…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Est-ce que vous pourriez introduire un traducteur de langue à même le logiciel Logos ça serait formidable

Est-ce que vous pourriez introduire un traducteur de langue à même le logiciel Logos ça serait formidable exemple de l'Anglais au Français

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. text box and highlighting changes for Canvas

1. Text box—it doesn’t work as a box in Microsoft Word. As a result, you are constantly having to resize it as the text gets longer. So each time you use a text box, you need to select "word wrap." This assumes there is a time when you would want the text flowing outside of the box, but that's not realistic. Nobody would want that option, so it should be default that text never flows outside of the box.

2. Highlighting—any time you add something like a highlight pen, it opens it up on the lower left side of pages.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On-Off Button For Link Sets

Please consider making it possible to click on the colored Link Set icon (A, B, C, D, E, F) on the surface area of each panel tab, in order to turn the link on and off quickly without having to open the panel menu.
    This would be a tremendous time saver, as those resources that scroll slowly when the link is turned on could then have their link turned off quickly to read a long passage, and then immediately have their link turned back on with a quick click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. studiocorea

thank you......

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change font (bold, color, background color) on a word level in a Sentence Diagram Document

It would be very useful to be able to change font settings (bold, color, background color) on a word level in a Sentence Diagram Document using SBLGNT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I don’t like the new tab design in Logos 8.

I don’t like the new tab design. I find that too much space is lost in the design. The Link Set icon is invading. Why should the Link Set indicator so prominent? I use a lot of tab, I preferred before when more information was available in the tabs: Before, I was able to see the title of the tab but now only the document icon which says very little. So please redesign tabs in order to improve space use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Papelera de Reciclaje para Herramienta Favoritos

Es una magnífica forma de organizar documentos la Herramienta Favoritos, ya que uno puede crear carpetas y añadir accesos directos a dichas carpetas, muy al estilo de mac y windows. Y esto permite mantener una muy buena organización de documentos.

La sugerencia es permitir una papelera de reciclaje para en caso de que accidentalmente uno borre alguna carpeta, ya que después de 5 años de usar Favoritos, hoy me sucedió y después de comunicarme al soporte me indicaron no hay forma de recuperar. Así que mi sugerencia es al mismo estilo de Mac, Windows e incluso Linux contar con una…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow visual filter settings be saved to layouts, allowing select visual filters to match what I want for a layout.

We need to be allowed to save current visual filters selected to match certain layouts. For example ... If I want to read my bible with nothing but the text and save those filter setting to my bible reading layout and then if I want to see notes and highlights visual filters on my bible study layout, I shouldn't have to change those visual filter settings when I select my different layouts. When you save a layout, all settings and views in that layout should be saved as preferences to that layout. Would save a lot of time. Thank you…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notes/Sermon Builder should also export formatting

Currently if you use bullet lists in either notes or in the Sermon Builder, and copy it into another document (or between the two), it will not copy the list, only the text.

This really reduces the usefulness of the software, as I can keep my own notes in Word/Docs instead, and then copy them back in. Logos will allow lists to be pasted, and respect the hierarchy, but does not copy it out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base