Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. bei logos kann ich ja NOTIZEN einfügen ins griechische NT. Dort sollen bitte AUDIO-Dateien einfügbar sein, - .wav oder .mp3

bei logos kann ich ja NOTIZEN einfügen ins griechische NT. Dort sollen bitte AUDIO-Dateien einfügbar sein, - .wav oder .mp3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a filter or search by denomination or tradition

I want to know the tradition or denominational bent of library contents and search results. I have a singe denomination package but I work across mutliple denominations. I therefore want to add resources to my library covering other denominations. I am currently reluctant to buy the resources I need because, unless it's in the title of the book, there seems no way to know what tradition or denomination the author represents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Tab display without meaningless graphic

Currently the view Tabs are taking up too much space. They are too high to accommodate a pointless graphic. For me, just the abbreviated resource name is enough (as you have in the area to the right of the top menu). Also the possibility of thus having less depth to the tabs, would allow for two or more rows in each window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Light App reader for Android (or Apple)

Simpler less functional app for reading on mobile device. The current app is overloaded with functions and becomes slow on the device. It even restarts when I move to a different app. A simple reader app with note-taking and highlighting would be nice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Toggle hyphenation on and off

It would be nice to be able to toggle the hyphenation on and off. Just a small recommendation. I think the hyphenations are generated anyway.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. buddhism

I think it would be a very good idea to engage with other religious traditions (and their texts) that are getting more and more popular in the West, such as Buddhism or Taoism. What you did for the study of the Bible would be excellent for diving into the Pali, Sanskrit, Tibetan or Chinese Buddhist Canons. And for sure you would have a lot of paying customers from outside the Christian sphere.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Audio Auto Scrolling - toggle on/off OR enable/disable option

I understand that auto scrolling was developed back in 2014. I appreciate the function.

HOWEVER, there are times I do not want the program to auto-scroll (most of the times actually). When the audio is on it is very difficult to interact with the text. Most of my interaction with this is using the ESV Audio Bible.

MY REQUEST - Please develop a simple toggle option to enable/disable OR turn on/off the audio auto scroll function (in both the desktop and mobile applications).

This does seem to be a very simple programming thing. Many in my congregation (who I have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to export a personal document back to a word document that I can edit

I would like to take a personal document and use logos to highlight and underline key words and phrases. I would then like to export that document (with all highlights and underlines) back to a word document that I can edit and add footnotes. Is that possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to add title/location of physical books owned into library

It would be great to see what books are owned physically in the library so that collections can show complete record of books owned on a topic, and perhaps even tell you where they’re located (home, church office, loaned to J. Bloggs).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reinstate the ability to Copy verses directly from Search Results

Allow the ability to Copy/Paste from search results. The only current option is to "Export" the list of verses then paste the entire list into Word and re-format (it pastes as a table; it also pastes both columns if using Grid view, not just a single version or language). Would love to be able to select a portion of a list or a single verse. Similar request to this thread (https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8/suggestions/1189531-export-bible-search-results-via-copy-bible-verses) but would love to be able to just highlight and copy without having to use the Copy Bible Verses tool. This may have been active in version…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ESV table of contents chapter titles

In the ESV, when I expand the Table of Contents for Genesis, it lists Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc. In the text of the ESV itself, there are chapter titles, i.e. "The Fall" for Genesis Chapter 3. It would be very helpful to have these titles listed, i.e. Chapter 3 - The Fall, Chapter 4 - Cain and Abel. Right now, it's a hunt and peck type of process if you don't remember the exact chapter you're looking for.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Specify collections in Workflow!!

I would like to specify collections in my sermon prep workflows. For example at one point of my prep I would like to review my background commentary collection; at another point in my preparation I want to review my 1-volume commentaries; at another point I review technical commentaries; etc.

A BONUS would be if there were a check box where I could click off each commentary in the collection when it is read, so that if I return to that step in a workflow I can quickly pickup where I left off.

see: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/174492.aspx

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Link dashboard layout cards to latest save

The way the current dashboard is set up (v. 8.3 SR-1), I can create cards linking to my custom layouts. However, changing and updating the layouts do not change the cards because they are linked to *snapshots* not the layouts themselves.

Support said that this was the intended design and that I would have to delete and recreate the card each time I wanted it updated. If that's the case, I might as well just choose the layout from the toolbar menu. What is the point in having the cards on the dashboard if they could be outdated the very…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include Better Exporting Options for Canvas.

Such as being able to export it as a pdf or word document.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add 'downloaded' and 'size' fields to the library browser to use with new 'Cloud Resourses' feature

This will make it easier to work out what to remove to save space

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customizing workflows

Why can't we customize workflows with all of the things that logos does?

I should be able to choose the version I want to read in a workflow without it being my default Bible version. That way if I want to use Greek or Hebrew, I can without setting those as my default.

It would be great if we could add a canvas to our workflows or a diagram. Whether we work in the original languages or not, diagramming is an essential part of understanding the point of the text.

It would also be nice to add notes or a…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide color coding option for verses in the Old Testament according to the Multiple Source Hypothesis

Provide a option to turn on/off color coding verses in the Old Testament according to the Multiple Source Hypothesis (i.e. color code for J, E, P, D, etc) similar to Visual Filters.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base