Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add rating star system to Collections in the Passage Guide

In essentially all search output, one should be able to hide/display entries or rank entries so that one can focus on the important entries and remember that you've looked at an entry and found it not to be helpful.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replacement to speech engine

It takes about 3 lines of code to run Microsoft's speech engine which sounds horrible. Really, listening to it is like listening to fingernails on a chalk board. How about linking it to some dramatized or read audio Bibles. I'd request starting with the NKJV. Kindof like the GoBible. For the IPhone/IPad.. this would be a great feature too! Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement an layout template structure

Allow any named layout to be linked to a named layout that has been designated as a template so that structural changes (physical arrangement of panels and tabs, including the selection of resources) would be reflected in all linked children whenever a child layout is next invoked. The locations within any resource or tool (verse, page, topic) would NOT be linked, but would be unique to the child layout. If the structure of the child layout is changed, it would revert to the template's layout when saved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Introduce a strongs numbering so it can be keylinked to resources like L3. Englishman's concordanc.

The keylinking of Logos 3 was much more extemsive than the prioitized resources. Can we have the strong's numbers linked to some key English, Hebrew and Greek texts? Also can we bring back the Englishman's Concordance?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Incorporate tip windows similar to what L3 had, with customizeable info in the window

Something similar to the l# tip window that appeared on hover over biblical words, customizable to include things like parsing, strongs or L&N info, and definition gloss.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add linkset functionality to notes

Please enable Notefile content to scroll with bible,

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the F3 button cycle through search results (and Shift+F3 go backwards)

Please make the F3 button work in L4, as it did in L3 (and many other windows programs) that is: have it cycle to the next search result - whether in the same book or another book altogether.
    Then Make the Shift+F3 combo reverse step through the search results.
    http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13496.aspx

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Sorting Features to Basic Search Output

I would like to sort the results of my basic searches in a similar way that I can sort the Library: author, type, title, etc. I would also like to be able to expand our collapse results by the above categories.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlighting view

This view would display not highlighting STYLES, but actual content of highlighted items which would be hyperlinked to their respective places. For the fuller description of my idea please refer to http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13160.aspx

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. books in passage guide pup up passage-related info rather than bibliographic info

It should be more like the Bible word study, where hovering over a resource gives you some information about the word. There it does not pop up bibliographic info about the book. (Bibliographic info should be available, but it would make more sense if that came up as a right-click option.) Showing passage-related info would make this more consistent with the rest of Logos. see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13525.aspx

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Reorganisation of User Highlighting

Please allow us to move user created highlights between user creted pallettes, to have to delete one to move it and recreate it isnt very intuitive...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add notes line to Syntax search

I would like the ability to annotate my syntax searches with comments about their effectiveness or perhaps shortcomings so when I come back to it I don't have to duplicate efforts to check the results.

I'm imagining a note like in BWS, guides etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Graphic Bible explorer

I envision a display similar to the 3-D text versions display in which the balls are references (independent clauses preferred, verses more practical) with color coded relations (deuterographs, parrallel passage, shared form e.g. macarism, alternative reading, allusion / reference to, shared image, shared topic ...). Balls, distinguished by saturation of color, as inside selected canon, outside selected canon, proposed for canon but never widely accepted. Color and shape of link shows relationship. Focus is always on a single ball (verse) and only one level of relationships to that verse are shown. Mouse-over (temporary) or click (open) displays text, relationship and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. An improved scrollbar

the current scrollbar cannot be used practically in a long book. So it should be improved.
    Suggestion:

1) multiple scrollbar, each of them is having different range.

2) to scroll through the current chapter, but then when it is at the bottom of the chapter, you click the "down arrow" or press the "page down", then it jumps to the next chapter (and of course the scrollbar will go to the beginning of that chapter instead). To press once page down is much more convenient than the current method: to press down/page down every time I want to move to…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add speaker icons to words in interlinear Bibles

Being able to hear the sound of the Greek by clicking on the speaker icon in an exegetical guide is great. But it would be much better if it was also available in the interlinear display as well. It would allow those unfamiliar with Greek to learn it much easier, without having to go to the hassle of the slow exegetical guide for each verse. This could be selected/deselected like the other interlinear features.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base