Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add speaker icons to words in interlinear Bibles

Being able to hear the sound of the Greek by clicking on the speaker icon in an exegetical guide is great. But it would be much better if it was also available in the interlinear display as well. It would allow those unfamiliar with Greek to learn it much easier, without having to go to the hassle of the slow exegetical guide for each verse. This could be selected/deselected like the other interlinear features.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the docking of floating windows

Here's the problem: When you float a window - and then you would like to dock it again, Logos 4 doesn't seem to remember where it came from so it docks it wherever it wants to.

The way it works now is unpredictable because the floating windows go wherever they want when you dock them.

Make the floating window dock back exactly where it came from.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a PBB marketplace

Create a commercial level of PBB that can be sold and provide an online marketplace (ala Apple's App Store) to facilitate it's promotion and sale.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move to Second Computer Wizard

This would create an image of a user’s current Logos 4 installation and allow a user to move it to a new or second computer without having to download everything again.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. * Suggestion: Please change they way Book Info pop-ups work when looking in the Library.

Make it so that you only get a Book Info pop-up when you hover your mouse cursor over the book icon on the left.

The problem is that no matter where your mouse cursor is, when you're in the Library, you get these annoying Book Info pop-ups.

It is overkill to have Book Info pop-ups everywhere and anywhere that you rest your mouse cursor in the Library. Plus the system is working overtime to create these pop-ups.

It would be much less annoying and less taxing on the system if Book Info pop-ups only happened when you hover your mouse…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make a global switch for showing / hiding verse mapping id; specifying canonical order

The ability to see the verse map used by any particular reference is limited. Please make it possible to control the visibility of the verse map at the global level so that the verse map always displays. Allow all entries of scriptural references to permit the specification of the verse map. Also permit the specification of canonical order at the global level so that everything displays in the same sequence regardless of the original document. Allow this global specification to be overridden at the resource level. For example, my standard sequence could be NAB but a note file could be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. check out my Pops "Narrated Bible" (Pastor Bob Beeman) www.pastorbobbeeman.com and maybe add it to

check out my Pops "Narrated Bible" (Pastor Bob Beeman) www.pastorbobbeeman.com and maybe add it to your available resources? He has the King James Version available- and CEV coming soon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Smooth pixel by pixel Autoscroll function

I would like a native speed controllable smooth autoscroll scroll function selectable from "Program Settings" menu. This is separate from the Windows mouse wheel autoscroll that is too choppy to use. The speed should be controllable by using the "up" and "down" keys to adjust increasing or decreasing scroll speed. The scroll smoothness should be pixel by pixel and not line by line as with the mouse wheel autoscroll function.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Word Studies to be pasted into clippings

There's no way to paste a word study into a clipping right now. See this thread for more discussion:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5947/45949.aspx#45949

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implement regular update of Logos Controlled Vocabulary

The topics portion of topics.logos would likely attract more input from the users if some evidence of their work was visible. Regular updates (at least weekly) of the LCV would serve as a good first step. In addition, this would clarify the direction Logos is taking on topic searches - a hot topic.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create an automatic collection of "My Content" for the Search function

In the drop-down selection box of the Search function, add the options "My Content" and "My Sermons". The first would include all notes (files, PG, EG, BWS), prayerlists etc. The second would include Sermons, Illustrations and the like. I am assuming that PBB's will be treated as standard resources.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Suggestion: Please change the way that Logos 4 starts up.

DO NOT allow Logos 4 reload the Passage Guide, or the Exegetical Guide, or a Search with the last item that was searched for - when Logos 4 starts up!

Remember what was searched for but don't actually perform the search on start-up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Permit Bible reference links in Prayer lists

Title, Notes and Answer should allow the entry of a biblical reference which would link automatically to a Bible with the normal mouse-over display function.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add “pre-pub” items to wish list

There currently is no way to add items that are pre-pub to the wishlist.
    The wishlist allow a person’s wishes and finances to be in synch. Pre-pub only forces a decision to either authorize a purchase when the person is made aware of the pre-pub or IGNORING the pre-pub. Having the ability to add pre-pub items to a wishlist allows the person to “remember” the item when finances become available. (Description should indicate if the item is still on pre-pub and adjust the pricing to the current price)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve syncing of Sermon editor with desktop application

When making last-minute tweaks to a sermon on a desktop (windows or mac) platform, the changes are often not perfectly represented on the iPad even after syncing (and even restarting) both the desktop and the tablet. Some parts of the file update, but not all. It's odd and frustrating when you need to teach in a few minutes. Thanks for looking into this. Please keep developing the sermon editor. It's fantastic!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "Open Quickstart Layout" to the sidebar

Since the latest update, there is a box called "Open Quickstart Layout" that I absolutely love. However, as with all things in the main view, it floats around as new content loads. I would love to see this in the Sidebar on the left. Is that possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ios version to display chapter within resource at top

iOS version now displays only the resource name at the top - Ex. New Park Street Pulpit - Previously iOS version displayed the chapter as well as the resource

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Voice search of Bible verses

With Logos App open on my phone or tablet pc, when I mention "John 3:16", Logos app opens the verse for me in the Bible version that is set to be open, or when I quote a Bible verse with a few key words mentioned, Logos searches it and open all the verses that contains key words. In this case, the action word for Logos App is "the Bible says" or "In the Bible." It will be a great help to pastors and Bible teacher who want to deliver a correct quotation of Bible verses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base