Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

1. Workflow (Basic Bible Study) should remember the cursor position

There is another problem in Basic Bible Study. LOGOS doesn’t always remember the location where you are typing.

Each time I have switched to a resourcewindow that is behind the Workflow window (another tab), when I go back to Workflow, LOGOS has forgotten my cursorposition and returns to the top op the Basic Bible Study. That’s quite irritating and causes a lot extra scrolling to find the place you were typing.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting the Guide Windows Alphabetically.

In the Exegetical and Passage Guides you have many different things that can be shown, Grammars, Grammatical Constructions, Atlas, that kind of thing. When you have a lot of them showing it would be great to sort them Alphabetically.

I would like to see it in the right click, like where the Collapse All is located.

This would also quickly show you when you have two of the same open, like Grammar twice. I'm a bit surprised you can have two of the same open, but it can happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bookmarks

Suggested Bookmark Features

A bookmark is associated with a book, and has a label, and can be moved.

For example, I would have a bookmark labeled "morning" for my reading Bible, and one labeled "evening", and perhaps two or three labeled with some topic.

Then in some other resource, a bookmark or two labeled with a topic or whatever is helpful...

There could be a limit of bookmarks per resource, perhaps 5 or 10, or maybe a higher number or unlimited, depending how this would affect the application.

Then as I am reading, I can advance in the text, then…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Organizing Books

PLEASE allow users to categorize their books according to their own needs or preferences, or put them in collections.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reading Plans for Collections

So I own all of the Luther's Works Collection as well as the Early Church Father's, and have them in a collection in my Logos Library. What I'd like to be able to do is read the entire collection I've created, but of course I'd set it to go over a multi-year period, say 5 or so years.

As part of this feature, the ability to read by section or chapter or letter or paragraph may also be useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Thank you for making a great software. I would like to add photos to the home page and I understand this is not possible.

I would like to add photos to the home page and I understand this is not possible. Part of studying God's Word is envisioning things that God has for us. In Habakkuk 2.2, it says "write the vision and make it plain". How can we write the vision without photos, artwork, etc. I would like to be creative in Logos and would like to add photos to my home page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For every note icon color, have the same color option for the highlight option

For instance, I can choose a red note icon and underline the word in red, but for a yellow or purple note icon, I cannot choose a yellow or purple underline. Please allow underline for all of the colors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Menue bar. I would like to suggest removing the "A" which is beside the actual resource which lets you know that the resource is linked.

Menu bar. I would like to suggest removing the "A" which is beside the actual resource which lets you know that the resource is linked. I don’t think it’s necessary to let you know that the resource is linked to “A” or “B” etc. It takes up to much space on the menu bar.
    Logos 7 didn’t take up that space even though I had my resources linked.

Thank you

Mike

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update Canvas to allow word search, then highlight all at one time.

Canvas is very labor intensive. Select highlight, move highlight, resize highlight, then copy paste it if you want to reuse it.
    Genesis 17 has the word "covenant" 12 times. Each one has to be highlighted one at a time (or I don't know how).
    It would be nice if it were as easy as it is to highlight in the Bible.
    Also when choosing a whole chapter, how about generate the next page rather than cutting off overflow.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Print/Export my scripture selection allows me to print with highlights, but I cannot copy it to a word doc with the highlights.

Print/Export my scripture selection allows me to print with highlights, but I cannot copy it to a word doc with the highlights. Allow printing with Highlights and markups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. bei logos kann ich ja NOTIZEN einfügen ins griechische NT. Dort sollen bitte AUDIO-Dateien einfügbar sein, - .wav oder .mp3

bei logos kann ich ja NOTIZEN einfügen ins griechische NT. Dort sollen bitte AUDIO-Dateien einfügbar sein, - .wav oder .mp3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a filter or search by denomination or tradition

I want to know the tradition or denominational bent of library contents and search results. I have a singe denomination package but I work across mutliple denominations. I therefore want to add resources to my library covering other denominations. I am currently reluctant to buy the resources I need because, unless it's in the title of the book, there seems no way to know what tradition or denomination the author represents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tab display without meaningless graphic

Currently the view Tabs are taking up too much space. They are too high to accommodate a pointless graphic. For me, just the abbreviated resource name is enough (as you have in the area to the right of the top menu). Also the possibility of thus having less depth to the tabs, would allow for two or more rows in each window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Light App reader for Android (or Apple)

Simpler less functional app for reading on mobile device. The current app is overloaded with functions and becomes slow on the device. It even restarts when I move to a different app. A simple reader app with note-taking and highlighting would be nice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Toggle hyphenation on and off

It would be nice to be able to toggle the hyphenation on and off. Just a small recommendation. I think the hyphenations are generated anyway.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. buddhism

I think it would be a very good idea to engage with other religious traditions (and their texts) that are getting more and more popular in the West, such as Buddhism or Taoism. What you did for the study of the Bible would be excellent for diving into the Pali, Sanskrit, Tibetan or Chinese Buddhist Canons. And for sure you would have a lot of paying customers from outside the Christian sphere.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Audio Auto Scrolling - toggle on/off OR enable/disable option

I understand that auto scrolling was developed back in 2014. I appreciate the function.

HOWEVER, there are times I do not want the program to auto-scroll (most of the times actually). When the audio is on it is very difficult to interact with the text. Most of my interaction with this is using the ESV Audio Bible.

MY REQUEST - Please develop a simple toggle option to enable/disable OR turn on/off the audio auto scroll function (in both the desktop and mobile applications).

This does seem to be a very simple programming thing. Many in my congregation (who I have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to export a personal document back to a word document that I can edit

I would like to take a personal document and use logos to highlight and underline key words and phrases. I would then like to export that document (with all highlights and underlines) back to a word document that I can edit and add footnotes. Is that possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow users to add title/location of physical books owned into library

It would be great to see what books are owned physically in the library so that collections can show complete record of books owned on a topic, and perhaps even tell you where they’re located (home, church office, loaned to J. Bloggs).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base