Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow users to use the same title for different document types.

It would be helpful to use the same title for different document types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow visual filter settings be saved to layouts, allowing select visual filters to match what I want for a layout.

We need to be allowed to save current visual filters selected to match certain layouts. For example ... If I want to read my bible with nothing but the text and save those filter setting to my bible reading layout and then if I want to see notes and highlights visual filters on my bible study layout, I shouldn't have to change those visual filter settings when I select my different layouts. When you save a layout, all settings and views in that layout should be saved as preferences to that layout. Would save a lot of time. Thank you…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notes/Sermon Builder should also export formatting

Currently if you use bullet lists in either notes or in the Sermon Builder, and copy it into another document (or between the two), it will not copy the list, only the text.

This really reduces the usefulness of the software, as I can keep my own notes in Word/Docs instead, and then copy them back in. Logos will allow lists to be pasted, and respect the hierarchy, but does not copy it out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set Default Notebook

In Logos 8, we must manually select the notebook and note style. In 7 we were able to right click and select a notebook from there. This feature or the ability to set a default notebook and style would be great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Spell checker off in workflow. It causes red lines in an other language

In the workflow red lines because of another language. This makes it less workable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. j'aimerais avoir les calendrier de pensées que j'avais avec logos 7, j'ai acheté logos 8 platinum et je n'ai plus ces calendrier de pensées

'aimerais avoir les calendrier de pensées que j'avais avec logos 7, j'ai acheté logos 8 platinum et je n'ai plus ces calendrier de pensées, puis-je les avoir de nouveau.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notes integration with other writing platforms or API's

Both students and academic scholars need to be writing, producing, and/or publishing a variety of content. Notes has seen some good improvement, however, it could use further advancement or perhaps a new tool beyond notes would be more appealing and functional. The inquiry and suggestion is about looking into the possibilities of integrating either offline or online (API) the various platforms used for writing, producing and publishing while obviously maintaining the Logos platform identity. API integration might further allow for edits and adjustments made in the platforms to also reflect in Logos. Currently, even exporting notes to a word document…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Logos 8 Notes: Add "Select All" or fix Shift+Click bug

When I am in Logos 8, Notes, Filters and have faceted a group of Notes (Highlights) that I would like to move to a different Notes File, I am unable to select that group of notes because I have thousands, and when I scroll down the list to be able to get to the end and do a Shift Click, Logos erases my original focus in that list. This is a bug.
    If there was a "Select All" on the list, then I could grab them and move them to the new Notes file.
    My issue is that I have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Footnote options in Sermon Editor

When pasting into Sermon Editor the citation is posted immediately underneath the pasted item. I value the automatic citation, but its size and placement are not helpful and very distracting. It would be so helpful if the citation could be a normal footnote at the bottom of the page. It would be even more helpful if there was an option to have the footnote place at the end of the sermon. Thanks so much!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a simple attendance check block in your Proclaim bulletin in addition to the contact card

Attendance is a difficult task. We can use a third party app, but if people are already logging into the bulletin then they could simply click a box to say that they are present for worship. It would actually be best to prompt them when they log in rather than hiding it in the contact page. The checkbox would need to be linked to the administrator so she/he could work with the data week after week.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. List View of Resources in Custom Layouts

For Each Layout, have available an 'alpha list view' of every resource associated with respective Layout. This expedites identifying all resources within a layout without hovering the mouse over each tap one by one. My layouts have at least 35 resources each divided over 4 panels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include an optional clock in iOS app

Kindle is one of the only reading apps out there that gives users an option to have a clock in the top corner of the page while they are reading. It would be nice to have this same option in the Logos app for iOS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make the sync icons always visible on the tab

To have sync icons that disappear when the tabs are forced smaller is not such a good idea. It would be better from a usage point of view to keep them visible and perhaps if possible make them a roll over to show the x to close tab, so there is a saving of space. Additionally is it possible that a valid synchronization between A and other A's can be shown with a full color icon, and when there is not sync to show it dimmed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Upgrades for the Atlas tool

In the Atlas took, it would be nice to:

1. Type in a location, hit "enter" and have that single location show up with an auto-zoom. The current search interface is a bit clunky.

2. Have the capability to click on a map and manually mark a point of interest, or perhaps put a dot or an "x" to indicate a geographical location(s). This would be really helpful in public presentations. Sometimes it's hard to point out specific locations in the Atlas.

Thank you for your consideration!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Increase font size in search boxes.

Hebrew with vowel points and accents are difficult to see in search boxes. Please add either automatic up-scaling and or allow the combination of ctrl key and rolling the mouse wheel to change it. Same applies to any of the views, please make it easier to do, like most other programs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add BIOY from Alpha/ Nicky Gumbel/ HTB to your Bible Reading Plans

Bible in One Year reading plan is pretty popular in UK. It would be great to see it easily accessible on LOGOS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reading Plan improvement (Custom plan)

Perhaps this should be two improvements, but they both have to do with reading only on weekdays.

First, the ability to adjust a Custom Reading plan to only read on weekdays or chosen days (like the predefined plans) would be very nice.

Second, the predefined "5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan" has two days of "Reflection ()" built into each week. If the first request is harder or can't be done, it would be nice to have this option on Custom Reading Plans.

Thanks,
    Don H

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reading Plan improvement (Custom plan)

I am currently unable to set up a Custom Reading Plan for "Honey from the Rock: Daily Devotions from Young Kuyper."

After email with CS, I discovered by accident that if you select the text of one entry at a time, the "select open resource" has the option to add that reading by title to the plan." Excellent! However, it would be so much better if could be done automatically.

Then, when I arrived at a page of entries in the plan, I discovered that it will not scroll so that more can be added. I hope this will be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove 100 page print/export for NON-COPYRIGHTED books

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/171947/1032231.aspx#1032231
    THIS creates needless work, which Logos is supposed to simplify and quicken the process of using a visual filter feature without creating 120 seperate documents and combining them

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base