Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

1. More descriptive note icons (i.e. a lightbulb or hand drawing for Illustrations)

While a note icon can be used or interpreted as specifying many different types of content it would be helpful to have some that can be used/remembered to be for a very specific type of content. I would like a lightbulb (or something of similar value - a hand drawing? - that could be used for illustrations. Or a lectern that indicates sermon notes. Or a slide icon that could be used to remind that this is on a slide (this would be awesome if it could have a custom number in it for the slide it is on).

There…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for the downloading of all notes

Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with the software. It would be great to be able to download all notes in their native format to a word document to be kept offline. I tried to do this many months ago in Logos 7 and I did not readily find an efficient way of doing this beyond the copy paste one by one. Thanks for the consideration. I LOVE this software and this company!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add an undo button to the notes editor context.

Either on the tools menu bar or in the vertical ellipse of Logos 8, adding an undo button would help with efficiency. Thanks for the consideration.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export from Pslams Explorer into Another Program

Since you are able search for text by genre. It would be nice to export results into another program like Microsoft Word. I would like to take Psalms that praise and worship God. (Part in text not entire Psalms) copy and paste print out and use verses to praise God. I was told to do that I would need to take screenshots then do it on my own.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. holding on to a created font formatting within notes

I understand that in order for Logos to load faster this option was taken away but I'd sure request it to come back. As people get older, we tend to shake more and it becomes rather difficult to go up there and select a little box and then when the box opens we are to (keep a stead hand) and click again on a little box of our desired background color. Then, we are to go to another little box (for the font color) and (trying not to shake we are to again try and click on the right colored…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow users to edit the heading styles in Sermon Editor

The heading functions are great, but to make them even better allow users to customize these hearing styles. For example: the ability to have a certain highlighting enabled every time I choose heading 1. Or be able to change font, add italics, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to customize tabs

In Logos 8 the tab size increased so I need to scroll through 15 resources to find the tab I want. It would be nice to be able to customize the size and content allowed on a sources tab

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Prompt Before Indexing Begins

As others have noted, indexing monopolizes HDD and CPU resources and makes it virtually impossible to use the computer (particularly with large libraries). Two simple options would help: 1) prompt user before indexing begins and 2) allow indexing to be scheduled for a more convenient time. Apple routinely does this for all its updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the merging of separate saved layouts. This would allow me to "import" the "Bible and Commentary" QuickStart layout into my own layout

I need the "Commentary" window from the "Bible and Commentary" Quickstart layout so that a single window can open any book in a commentary series. This feature isn't available any other way.
    Eg. a "Commentary" window to open John Goldingay's "Old Testament for Everyone." Then no matter what book of the Old Testament I want to go to, I just add the biblical reference into the "active reference" window, and I'm taken to that book.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Edit existing workflows rather than starting with a blank

Expository Sermon Prep workflow is great but I'd like to customize it instead fo creating a whole new workflow and linking in all the well-established tools in the pre-made workflow

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reinstate the ability to Copy verses directly from Search Results

Allow the ability to Copy/Paste from search results. The only current option is to "Export" the list of verses then paste the entire list into Word and re-format (it pastes as a table; it also pastes both columns if using Grid view, not just a single version or language). Would love to be able to select a portion of a list or a single verse. Similar request to this thread (https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8/suggestions/1189531-export-bible-search-results-via-copy-bible-verses) but would love to be able to just highlight and copy without having to use the Copy Bible Verses tool. This may have been active in version…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Logos 8 prayer list does not allow me to mark my prayer requests as prayed for on my phone like Logos 7

In Logos 7, the prayer list feature was great. I could check off all of my requests right from the main page or my phone. Now, in Logos 8, I have to go into the prayer list section to do so and can't mark anything as prayed for on my phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Est-ce que vous pourriez introduire un traducteur de langue à même le logiciel Logos ça serait formidable

Est-ce que vous pourriez introduire un traducteur de langue à même le logiciel Logos ça serait formidable exemple de l'Anglais au Français

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Specify collections in Workflow!!

I would like to specify collections in my sermon prep workflows. For example at one point of my prep I would like to review my background commentary collection; at another point in my preparation I want to review my 1-volume commentaries; at another point I review technical commentaries; etc.

A BONUS would be if there were a check box where I could click off each commentary in the collection when it is read, so that if I return to that step in a workflow I can quickly pickup where I left off.

see: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/174492.aspx

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Link dashboard layout cards to latest save

The way the current dashboard is set up (v. 8.3 SR-1), I can create cards linking to my custom layouts. However, changing and updating the layouts do not change the cards because they are linked to *snapshots* not the layouts themselves.

Support said that this was the intended design and that I would have to delete and recreate the card each time I wanted it updated. If that's the case, I might as well just choose the layout from the toolbar menu. What is the point in having the cards on the dashboard if they could be outdated the very…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. text box and highlighting changes for Canvas

1. Text box—it doesn’t work as a box in Microsoft Word. As a result, you are constantly having to resize it as the text gets longer. So each time you use a text box, you need to select "word wrap." This assumes there is a time when you would want the text flowing outside of the box, but that's not realistic. Nobody would want that option, so it should be default that text never flows outside of the box.

2. Highlighting—any time you add something like a highlight pen, it opens it up on the lower left side of pages.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On-Off Button For Link Sets

Please consider making it possible to click on the colored Link Set icon (A, B, C, D, E, F) on the surface area of each panel tab, in order to turn the link on and off quickly without having to open the panel menu.
    This would be a tremendous time saver, as those resources that scroll slowly when the link is turned on could then have their link turned off quickly to read a long passage, and then immediately have their link turned back on with a quick click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. studiocorea

thank you......

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change font (bold, color, background color) on a word level in a Sentence Diagram Document

It would be very useful to be able to change font settings (bold, color, background color) on a word level in a Sentence Diagram Document using SBLGNT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base