Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Personal Books On Mobile (Please Reconsider!!!)

With the changes in the desktop note system all formatting is removed from my personal documents when copying them into notes in L8. that is how I would work around PBs not being available for mobile. Now that that is gone I would like to please request that you consider making personal books available for mobile. Please do not decline without an answer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see one be able to export notes directly to Apple Pages, like you can with "Copy Bible Verses"

I can click an option to copy a Bible verse directly into Apple Pages, so why can I not do the same with exporting a note into Apple Pages? Make it so!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Restore Formatting Preservation in Notes

Previously we could copy formatted text from MS Word to Logos notes and the formatting would be preserved. In L8, most formatting (color, indentation, bold, size) is removed and we are practically plain text.

We have had this fumctionality since L4, we should continue to have it. It didn't think I was spemding money on L8 for a downgrade...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make selection boxes on the Print/Export page resizable.

As it is, when you open the print tab, you must select the sections of the book you want to print. However, if the outline of the section selections indents too far, you cannot see the selections or check them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Biblical ordering of notes

It would be helpful to allow notes in a notebook to be organized in Biblical order. This would make printing of notes in a given passage much simpler than having to scroll through the entire notebook to find notes that are related to a given passage.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give back control of the homepage

I miss LOGOS 7. I am now loaded with blogs, advertisements, Bible Study magazine, Faithlife today, etc. I enjoyed the suggestion box on 7 for books you had in your library. This new format is very cumbersome. I wished there was a way to go back to 7 home page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I absolutely love the New Amplified Study Bible…Please consider how you might be able to integrate it into your Logos Desk Top Software...

Hi,

I absolutely love the New Amplified Study Bible… Amplified Study Bible of 2015 Break Through the Language Barrier.
    Can be found at http://www.lockman.org/amplified/index.php

It is available with e-Sword X: Bible Study Extreme free software which can be found at https://itunes.apple.com/app/e-sword-x/id968437868?mt=8

This is by far my favourite study bible and I would truly appreciate if it were integrated into your software so I don’t have to use two separate study tools.

I strongly suggest you look at how you might be able to integrate this bible into Logos...

Thank you,

Eddie Hiscock

Eddie.Hiscock@icloud.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Active Ruler for Atlas

Would it be possible to add an active ruler feature to the Atlas, wherein the user can right-click, select "Ruler", and then tap the 1st location, then the 2nd location and the ruler would tell them the distance between the two in miles?
    It would be great if the ruler could all the user to select multiple points, Point A, Point B, Point C, and the ruler would show the distance between Point A, then from Point B to Point C (it'd show added distance -- i.e. A->B = 10mi, then B->C = A->B + B->C), similar to how Google…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Logos 8 Notes Improvements: Consolidate or Duplicate? How about Both

We have suggested many great Idea that will vastly improve Logos 8 Notes- For instance: Duplicating Notes instead of Just moving them. We all need to consolidate note, but, we also need to copy valuable information from one note to another.
    Check out our Logos 8 Notes Ideas -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9YOmhcCH54

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the ability to hide all panes/panes individually

In Logos there are numerous panes active in any given view. This includes things such as favorites, explorer, factbook and countless other panes/panels. Currently we can dock panes/panes in just about any position we want, but we can't auto-hide them. Many panels are only briefly referenced before returning to the main content. Such panes/panels needlessly take up a lot of valuable screen space. This problem is easily solved by simply being able to hide any pane or panel. In many programs, panes can be set to be pinned (always open) or auto hidden to where they pop open only when…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please create an original language keyboards for Mac users

I have been using logos for many years, but recently I switch to Mac computer, and I can never type greek and hebrew texts like i used to with my PC, especially typing the accent marks for the greek text. I really hope Logos' programmers can create the original language keyboards like what you did for the window user where we can type the greek accent marks with ease.

https://www.logos.com/product/53264/original-languages-keyboards-for-windows

To all the Mac users, if anyone of you have any solution to my problems please post it. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding new note using contextmenu in the text should focus the note-textbox

At Logos 7 I was able to add a note via the contextmenu. Immediately i could insert the text, cause the cursor in the note-textbox was active. At Logos 8 it isn't that way. But I thing it should be.
    I found out after typing 7 times the tab key, the focus goes to the box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Workflow Guides exportable

i.e.: Passage Exegesis under workflows is an excellent tool both for training and for practical use of becoming familiar with a passage and doing my own work though it. However, currently, once I get finished with the process there is nothing that can be done with it other than go back and copy/past each response or reflection found in each section box in order to utilize my own study notes. There would be a practical value in being able to export the work assembled after filling in a workflow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 'time machine' function to retrieve documents that were deleted by accident etc

can go back at a particular time/version and retrieve the 'lost' version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Alphabetize Option for Commentaries in the Passage Guide

Along with the comment on Better Commentary Management, I'd like to see an option where the Commentaries (not the individual books included in each Commentary) would have an alphabetize option to help finding something that catches your eye more readily. Sometime, I may not remember or think of a particular commentary until I scroll down and find it. Wordsearch 12 Bible program shows their commentaries in an alphabetical order, which makes it much easier to find something. The apparently random order of Logos makes it more difficult. I was told that I would have to manually alphabetize the commentaries. This…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reset previously read indicator/tracker for each resource

Allow reading progress tracker to be reset on each title rather than only being able to do it globally. That way, you can keep track of where you've read in the more obscure resources over time but still have the benefit of being able to reset the Bible once you read the entire resource (ie, annual reading plans)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notes Improvement

On Logos 8 add to the filter for notes place so you can sort notes by location.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notes Improvement

In the filters in Logos 8 add a section with people, so you could find a note based on a person. This would be helpful for the different kings that are in Kings and Chronocals or for Paul and some of his companions that are in many different books.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow users to selectively download resources (for laptops too)

When I'm overseas in an area with a *VERY* poor internet connection, it is impossible to download all the resource updates, though it would be possible to get the most important resource updates (for example, a new purchase) one at a time. Implementing this feature would be very helpful to those of us who are servants of the Word in technologically-challenged locations.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logos Bible Software 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base