Logos Bible Software 8

An experiment in user-ranking of feature priorities for Logos 8.

Visit our other UserVoice sites for mobile app feedback, www.logos.com feedback, Book Suggestions, and Community Pricing feedback.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow Reorganisation of User Highlighting

Please allow us to move user created highlights between user creted pallettes, to have to delete one to move it and recreate it isnt very intuitive...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add linkset functionality to notes

Please enable Notefile content to scroll with bible,

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Graphic Bible explorer

I envision a display similar to the 3-D text versions display in which the balls are references (independent clauses preferred, verses more practical) with color coded relations (deuterographs, parrallel passage, shared form e.g. macarism, alternative reading, allusion / reference to, shared image, shared topic ...). Balls, distinguished by saturation of color, as inside selected canon, outside selected canon, proposed for canon but never widely accepted. Color and shape of link shows relationship. Focus is always on a single ball (verse) and only one level of relationships to that verse are shown. Mouse-over (temporary) or click (open) displays text, relationship and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add notes line to Syntax search

I would like the ability to annotate my syntax searches with comments about their effectiveness or perhaps shortcomings so when I come back to it I don't have to duplicate efforts to check the results.

I'm imagining a note like in BWS, guides etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Highlighting view

This view would display not highlighting STYLES, but actual content of highlighted items which would be hyperlinked to their respective places. For the fuller description of my idea please refer to http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13160.aspx

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My Commentary

I see this as a notes redo or alternate view actually; it would be nice to view and enter my notes like a commentary. As well as the ability to print them in that format. I see this as a Commentary template, choose my Bible version, and i can start commenting on each verse all in the same pane. I would like to see the verse text right above my comments. And maybe i can group the verse range if i want to comment on a range of verse? I would love this feature!

361 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make a global switch for showing / hiding verse mapping id; specifying canonical order

The ability to see the verse map used by any particular reference is limited. Please make it possible to control the visibility of the verse map at the global level so that the verse map always displays. Allow all entries of scriptural references to permit the specification of the verse map. Also permit the specification of canonical order at the global level so that everything displays in the same sequence regardless of the original document. Allow this global specification to be overridden at the resource level. For example, my standard sequence could be NAB but a note file could be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. check out my Pops "Narrated Bible" (Pastor Bob Beeman) www.pastorbobbeeman.com and maybe add it to

check out my Pops "Narrated Bible" (Pastor Bob Beeman) www.pastorbobbeeman.com and maybe add it to your available resources? He has the King James Version available- and CEV coming soon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a PBB marketplace

Create a commercial level of PBB that can be sold and provide an online marketplace (ala Apple's App Store) to facilitate it's promotion and sale.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Introduce functions facilitating collaborative study

Picture a situation where I am working on a study, research project, etc with another individual. It would be great to be able to share *just* the notes, clippings, etc relating to that project with that person or group of people

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move to Second Computer Wizard

This would create an image of a user’s current Logos 4 installation and allow a user to move it to a new or second computer without having to download everything again.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Sorting Features to Basic Search Output

I would like to sort the results of my basic searches in a similar way that I can sort the Library: author, type, title, etc. I would also like to be able to expand our collapse results by the above categories.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Copy from anywhere (Guides, Search Results, Resource Info panel)

Add the ability to select and copy text from all the places we used to be able to in L3: Passage/Exegetical Guides, Bible Word Study, Search Results, and Resource info panels.

802 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add speaker icons to words in interlinear Bibles

Being able to hear the sound of the Greek by clicking on the speaker icon in an exegetical guide is great. But it would be much better if it was also available in the interlinear display as well. It would allow those unfamiliar with Greek to learn it much easier, without having to go to the hassle of the slow exegetical guide for each verse. This could be selected/deselected like the other interlinear features.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix the docking of floating windows

Here's the problem: When you float a window - and then you would like to dock it again, Logos 4 doesn't seem to remember where it came from so it docks it wherever it wants to.

The way it works now is unpredictable because the floating windows go wherever they want when you dock them.

Make the floating window dock back exactly where it came from.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Suggestion: Please change the way that Logos 4 starts up.

DO NOT allow Logos 4 reload the Passage Guide, or the Exegetical Guide, or a Search with the last item that was searched for - when Logos 4 starts up!

Remember what was searched for but don't actually perform the search on start-up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. * Suggestion: Please change they way Book Info pop-ups work when looking in the Library.

Make it so that you only get a Book Info pop-up when you hover your mouse cursor over the book icon on the left.

The problem is that no matter where your mouse cursor is, when you're in the Library, you get these annoying Book Info pop-ups.

It is overkill to have Book Info pop-ups everywhere and anywhere that you rest your mouse cursor in the Library. Plus the system is working overtime to create these pop-ups.

It would be much less annoying and less taxing on the system if Book Info pop-ups only happened when you hover your mouse…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)