Implement more user control over downloads, updates, resource updates
This is by far one I can't believe I forgot... But we need to have a choice over whether or not we are updating specific resources and be given a choice like we had in V3....
Several changes have been made in 4.2a.
- Home page shows what has been updated.
- We indicate the download size.
- We added a download scheduler in program settings.
If there are other needs please create new specific suggestions on uservoice.
Dennis Peck commented
Very frustrated. 6/1/2015 Just went through an almost 7gb update. Good grief. The time to download, install, and re-index, took for ever. Using Windows 8.1, and kept getting CPU high usage warnings on Logos. I am already using WordSearch, and don't have to put up with this with their program. What is up Logos? Help me out here. I have version 5.2, I always double click Logos first, then WordSearch, and I can start work with it before Logos even loads.
Frustrated User Name Arlen commented
I want to be able to choose what resources to download on Install to save my SSD space.
4.2a Beta 5 will give an indication of the download size (when advertising an available update): http://community.logos.com/forums/t/28942.aspx
In my opinion, the requirements to improve downloads, updates, etc. are:
- Ability to download outside of the Logos software. That would let me use Free Download Manager to regulate throughput (versus saturating my connection so that nothing else can happen). It would also let me download from one place (read: fast connection) and apply at another.
- Detailed progress - what books / files have been downloaded, what one is in progress, etc.
- Scheduled time (a "should have") - let me provide a window of time during the day when it's OK to do downloading.
- Clearer explanation of behavior around enabling automatic downloads, enabling internet connectivity, "canceling" a download (really just want to pause), etc.
Thomas Black commented
Logos is not going to give selectable downloads, but they can be swayed to at least inform us what the downloads are. I humbly suggest that you consider moving your votes from this one to that one: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/676089-add-an-info-window-that-tells-you-what-is-being-up?ref=title
Dr Who commented
This is an absolute must, particularly for those who live in countries where bandwidth is limited. Cloud computing might be a reality in the US but lots of other countries are far from being there just yet.
I'd like the option about WHEN to update. e.g. last update was killing bugs that were not affecting me, so it could have waited. What about a notice on the homepage with a link to the wiki site that tells us about the update?
Paul E. Zetterholm commented
Don't think we should have options, but strongly desire a list of what has been updated.