build a software tool for bible translatio
I am translating the bible
into an undocumented language... ethnologue code ppq. I think Logos is in a unique position to develop a module or something to help bible translators by actually building into logos a tool to write your own bible translations. Right now, I have to use a tool called paratext. the tool works, but is windows only and would be better if it were more integrated with logos.
i'd love your thoughts and would love even more to see a tool like this born!
What publishing options would be required for such a tool? I'm thinking of export options for printing as well as exporting as a digital Bible module that can be converted into other formats (maybe XML?)
A few suggested features for this tool:
- ability to write and edit one's own translation
- automated Bible milestone coding, so that notes can be attached to the translation draft, it can be published as a Logos module/personal book Bible, linked in a link set with other translations and commentaries
- some formatting options such as paragraphing, introduction sections, headings, footnotes
- export function (DOCX, PDF etc.) and file sharing over document.logos.com or faithlife groups
- some interlinear functionality with a original language Bible. May this could be combined with the Interlinear Translation editor suggestion here: https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/2639046-interlinear-translation-editor