Skip to content

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Please see the new Logos Bible Software desktop app roadmap, and give feedback on it and other Faithlife products at https://feedback.faithlife.com

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Categories

449 results found

1. I would like to be able to add a note to a verse in a passage list. Once added I would like to be able to hide it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. It has been posted on the User Forum that a new Notes/highlighting solution is in the works. I realize Word's capabilities do not allow most of the Logos Highlighting styles to be replicated when copying and pasting. But SOME of them (i.e. font color, bold, italic, underline) can be maintained when pasting into Microsoft programs. This is a Large part of my original language workflow. I create a visual filter such as "If Greek Present Tense is tagged, turn the font green", "If Greek Aorist tense is tagged, turn the font red" etc. These CAN currently be exported to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. I know we have the Ctrl+Z function for undoing something we didn't intend to do - (like deleting a note or a custom Guide) - both of which I have done.
    But Ctrl+Z is sort of a "hidden command". Yes, you can discover it if you search the forums, but I think it should be more obvious.
    So, I would like to suggest that Logos add an "UNDO" command - (to be typed in the command box) - which can also be dragged to the shortcut bar.
    That way, when you need to "undo" some bone head mistake you've just…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Back in Logos 7 for Mac, I was able to utilize the vowel markings built into the Mac keyboard (i.e., I was able to press and hold a vowel key, and wait for the vowel marking options to appear above the letter, and then select the one I wanted). With Logos 8 (and now 9), however, that feature went away. I take notes from Logos and copy them into Evernote. So when I do (and since Evernote supports that Mac keyboard feature), I have to go back and change the vowel markings I was forced to use in Logos and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. adding a line in an inline interlinear would allow personal note or personal translation in English and/or other language(s)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be incredible if there were a Logos IFTTT channel with triggers or actions that would allow us to do things like:

Triggers
    · New Note Entry in X note
    · New resource added to library
    · New clipping

This could allow for Evernote integration, as I believe is the top idea in the Uservoice.

I'm just starting the idea. Perhaps others can fill it out!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Some of the popularly known commentary sets will have specific volumes that are written by different authors For example the Genesis volume for Barnes Commentary is written by James Murphy. Yet most people would find it by looking up Barnes Commentary in the electronic reference editions

It would be helpful if there was an OPTION to add the “common name” to the official annotation.

Example the annotation in Turabian style for Genesis 2:15-17 lists James G. Murphy "Boston: Estes and Lauriate, 1873" (Notes on the Old Testament: Genesis) 100 No one looking at this annotation would have any idea…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Presently, only a reference can be added to an anchor when you are in a note. It would be helpful to be able to add a “highlighted” resource in an anchor of an open note as well - similar to what can be done on a laptop/desktop computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. In Logos 8, we must manually select the notebook and note style. In 7 we were able to right click and select a notebook from there. This feature or the ability to set a default notebook and style would be great.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. We have made great strides in documentation, videos, the help file and so on since Logos 6 came out. But still, this morning, I found myself not having success doing a tag search. Now I can find the information if I look for it for a while, but a quick attempt to use suggestions or search the help file did not produce immediate results and I did not have time for more.

So here comes the idea that has me dreaming and I think would really, really, help Logos a great deal:

Implement a help assistant as in the Microsoft…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Simpler less functional app for reading on mobile device. The current app is overloaded with functions and becomes slow on the device. It even restarts when I move to a different app. A simple reader app with note-taking and highlighting would be nice.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. I love the ability to "clip" a portion of a resource, but it would be amazing if I could attach that clipping to particular verses/passages of scripture to call my attention to it later on or when I'm in that passage (similar to a note).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. For example, take the library interface. If you kept all the user data in one database and created an interface similar to the library, one could sort, search, and filter to their obsessive hearts' content. And, like the info button, you could set it up so that once a particular note has been selected, a simple click of the mouse would make the data of that note is accessible to the right (or left for that matter). Something like this would hopefully be simple to setup using the library interface as a concept template and would be flexible enough to…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to be able to insert links from one resource (e.g. a Bible commentary) to another (e.g. a dictionary). Now I sometimes end up pasting bits of text from one resource into a note attached to another resource. Maybe this is already possible somehow, but I'm not aware of it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a drag and drop function to the color-coded note symbols that I attached to certain words. I work a lot in Hebrew and english. When i come across a certain concept, I want to make a notation about the word in question. So, I make a notation with, say, a green star. Well, that little green star attaches itself to some part of the sentence. I NEED to be able to drag and drop it to an exact word in Hebrew and its corresponding English term. Your system will not let me do this. I need to be able…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. We should have a user summary banner on the homepage possibly with things like user details (name), volume count, library value, highest bundle, bundle list, most recent note, most recent volume downloaded, most recent volume accessed.

Users should receive a badge for certain Logos achievements including purchasing particular base packages, collections or even completing a reading plan.

This brings a level of gamification and helps personalise the user experience.

The Faithlife Marketing and Media team do such an amazing Job for the Logos platform.. it would be great to see some of that creativity brought to the application.

As a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. One of my biggest issues with Logos is speed. The constant syncing of every scrolling movement while brings my fast system to its knees...
    I propose to have an option where we can manually choose to sync at anytime while running Logos offline (with Internet option OFF).
    This function or command would sync with servers all your movements and notes, etc. then go back to offline mode...
    Also, along with this, I propose making an option available to turn on or off that asks the user when closing Logos if they want to sync before closing.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I notice that when there is a long footnote, I can click on the partial displayed note and the a pop-up screen turn into a pop-up window allowing me to scroll down to read the rest of the note. However, when I click on the partial displayed pop-up Bible verse, I'm taken to the main Bible Window and have to swich back after reading the Bible text. It would save time and is more convience if you treat the long Bible texts the way you treat the long footnotes, this is especially helpful when reading is done on…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. There should be a list of visual filters that give the title and the filter color or how it is noted. There are a lot of filters and we forget which color we have used for what.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →