Skip to content

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Please see the new Logos Bible Software desktop app roadmap, and give feedback on it and other Faithlife products at https://feedback.faithlife.com

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Categories

449 results found

1. At present, if I want to filter my library on the NOT of a single condition, I have to artificially add a universal condition so that I can use the ANDNOT operator; e.g.

rating:>=0 ANDNOT mytag:"value"

It would be more natural to use something like:

NOT mytag:"value"

or maybe

mytag!:"value"

(Note the exclamation mark preceding the colon.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Currently, Logos places a comma between the chapter:verse and the Bible version. Standard practice according to SBL and CWMS style manuals is as follows:

"For God so loved the world . . ." (John 3:16 KJV).

Notice the placement of the parenthetical note just before the final period, with no comma.

It would be really nice not to have to manually change this after pasting Bible quotations. Thank you for your consideration!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be accomplished by creating your own CBV style. Start with one that’s close to what you want (e.g., Quotation), then in the Style picker, click “Create a new style” at the bottom left. Delete the command from the =Footer section, then add a period and make other changes as desired.

For further assistance with this feature, please post on our community forums: https://community.logos.com/forums/141.aspx

3. Hello,

I sure would like to get the following  Lexham Research Commentary: Eschatology Collection, but Lexham just hasn’t got it!

Maybe someone high up can make an executive decision to create such a collection. Include the following books below.

• Jeremiah
    • Ezekiel
    • Daniel
    • Olivet Discourse books Matthew, Mark and Luke
    • 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy
    • Revelation
    • Include Lexham Dictionary and Lexham Hebrew-English & Greek-English Interlinears for OT & NT
    • Lexham Context Commentary – OT & NT for books noted above

Like MANY, I'm an eschatology buff.

I REALLY LIKE…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Instead of just allowing "every day" of "every weekday" or "every Monday" allow reading to be every x days
    eg every 2 days or every 3 days (so you could read every other day or every third day)
    or every other weekday or every third weekday

If this is complex then you could consider allowing users to create reading plans outside Logos and import them

Extra note for your info: In the UK (and elsewhere) the BIOY reading plan is very popular: http://www.bibleinoneyear.org/
    One of the things I would like to do is mimic this plan in Logos

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. The ability to see the verse map used by any particular reference is limited. Please make it possible to control the visibility of the verse map at the global level so that the verse map always displays. Allow all entries of scriptural references to permit the specification of the verse map. Also permit the specification of canonical order at the global level so that everything displays in the same sequence regardless of the original document. Allow this global specification to be overridden at the resource level. For example, my standard sequence could be NAB but a note file could be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. I purchased the Keller sermon archive which was to be released in 5 instalments (note: full payment had to be given up front) What I never anticipated was how long it would take to get these instalments. It has been 8 months and only 2 instalments have been released. At this rate it will take over 2 years to receive this product in full. The sheer length of time is a problem in and of itself but I suggest that if Logos is going to take so long in releasing instalments that payments also be made in instalments. It is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Hey, guys. I am a huge LOGOS fan. Thanks for great software. Here's a suggestion for future updates. Or maybe you have a way to do it now and I don't know about it.

It would be awesome to have a web browser extension like Evernote that would allow us to clip article or web content straight into Logos as a note for a specific Bible text and/or an addition to a topic.

For instance, I just came across an article in Biblical Archeology on the pool at Siloam. I clipped it in Evernote but it would have been amazing…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. I have just learned that the NET study site has an alarming error respecting the Greek for Jn 3:16 (http://classic.net.bible.org/strong.php?id=2889).

In Jn 3:16, it seems to me that the NET notes (http://classic.net.bible.org/verse.php? ... 3&verse=16, footnote 1),and please correct me if I am wrong, suggests that world refers to all mankind, all men. Also, the study, God So Loved The World, by: Richard D. Patterson, also asserts, "Just as God’s love encompasses the entire world, so Jesus made atonement for the sins of the whole world.”

Yet, when I go to the Greek (http://classic.net.bible.org/strong.php?id=2889), it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It took me a long time to track down what I think is happening. It seems that if the Atlas has a map selected on the left and the search term you enter is not on the current map, the Logos 8 Atlas:
    * Finds a relevant map and loads it (good!)
    * But it does not recenter the map on that search term or pulse to show you its location (bad)

The only workaround appears to be to find a location in the newly loaded map, search for that, then reenter your original desired search term. Note: this is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
1 2 19 20 21 23 Next →