Skip to content

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Please see the new Logos Bible Software desktop app roadmap, and give feedback on it and other Faithlife products at https://feedback.faithlife.com

Logos Bible Software | see feedback.faithlife.com

Categories

449 results found

1. The idea has been suggested and implemented before (https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-5/suggestions/1189543-allow-a-note-to-be-attached-to-a-lemma) but in some recent update this feature has been removed.

As an example: I have a note attached to the lemma ἁγιάζω which used to show up at every use of the word. The note icon no longer appears next to uses of ἁγιάζω.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Making notes can use a lot of repeated words and phrases. It would be a big plus if Logos provided a text-expander option so that users could enter their own shortcuts for words and phrases that they use regularly.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a Document called "Bible Notes" and whenever we make a comment on a passage, make "Bible Notes" - if it is open - an option for us to save our comments there. And have them appear IN BIBLICAL ORDER - even under the headings [Genesis, etc].

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I might make a note and then want to search a key word later to find it and share the text or reference while on the go...but unless I remember the exact reference, I will not be able to find the note I created.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If I write a note and I include a reference to another verse in it, e.g, John 3:16, Logos should detect that it is a bible reference and allow me to click it to jump straight to it.

Either that or allow me to insert my own reference markers to see another verse like the ones that are built into the translations.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 590 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Todd White responded

Hyperlinks, compact view, drag and drop, and basic formatting are considered complete as of 4.0d.

Please create new suggestions for specific individual features you would like to see added. (A suggestion of “improve notes” is too broad.)

7. Rather than re-inventing the wheel in the notes module of the program, I think it would be smarter to instead release a developer's API so that people could select their own note taking program. I prefer Evernote for quick note taking and DEVONthink for my longer projects.

At the very least, it would be great if the fly-out menu that comes up when we select and then right-click on a text in Libronix, that the "services" (Mac) should be presented so that I can, for instance, create a new note in the DEVONthink inbox.

There are hardworking companies with skilled…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow clippings and notes/highlights to be used within the same document. Also, the ability to mark clippings in the actual book would be very helpful.

Sometimes I want a statement to stand out in the book (highlight), sometimes I want to pull a statement out to quote it in a sermon, paper, etc. (clipping), and sometimes it is helpful to have a clipping with it also marked in the text (a lot of redundant clicking to do both). It isn't helpful to have 2 different documents for a paper, sermon, or even certain portions of one, and would be…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Logos 8, the Notes Panel has so much clutter, there's no room for viewing the content of the note. Moving from Logos 7, I've long had notes be the top left quadrant of my layout. Now the Search bar and the line listing the filters take up two line. Within a note itself the Add tags bar, the Anchors bar, and the two lines for text formatting all allow me a single visible line of the note itself - and that's if the anchor bar is collapsed! All of this is on a 15.6" laptop screen.

Allow us in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Is there a way you can give the option to turn off the automatic notes when you highlight or underline? I have tons of useless notes that I really don't want or need. When I go to my notes section I have all kinds of unnamed notes everywhere. If I delete the note, the software will delete my highlight and/or underline. I have started using another program because of this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be great to have the latest release of Dr. Tom Constable's notes. I would be willing to pay for an update.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Tag NIV Cultural Background Study Bible Notes to be pulled into the results for the Cultural Concepts section of the Factbook and Passage Guide

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. A running background process or service that allows users to capture screens (whole or part), highlighted information or web pages like MS OneNote and InstaPaper.com. Results can be sent to Clippings or Notes (user choice).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. When I am in Logos 8, Notes, Filters and have faceted a group of Notes (Highlights) that I would like to move to a different Notes File, I am unable to select that group of notes because I have thousands, and when I scroll down the list to be able to get to the end and do a Shift Click, Logos erases my original focus in that list. This is a bug.

If there was a "Select All" on the list, then I could grab them and move them to the new Notes file.
    My issue is that I…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Now that we have so many excellent Bible resources with the interlinears built in, it would be wonderful to be able to attach a Note to a Lemma within a Verse, and have that Note automatically appear at the same Lemma and Verse in other Bible resources that have the interlinears built in. I frequently make notes in my English Bibles about the Hebrew or Greek root, and want that note to appear in all my Bible versions. Currently I have to attach these notes to the entire verse, so the notes can long and unwieldy at times. It would…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Is there any reason why a Scripture reference in a Note field is not hyperlinked? Why won't it launch my target Bible text?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you are reading a book in Logos, Faithlife Study Bible, or Vyrso and you highlight a portion of text it automatically sends your hightlight to "solid colors" document. I would like to see Logos a)have a notes file automatically associated with each book that you highlight in so that your highlights are by default associated with the book they are highlighted in or b) remember the last note you placed highlights in so that you can put all highlights into the same notes file without having to select that note each time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Often, insights that we receive from the Word are linked to our journey of discovery, and it'd be good to know the date we were thinking about certain ideas. Hence, suggestion is to show the date that a Note is added.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with the software. It would be great to be able to download all notes in their native format to a word document to be kept offline. I tried to do this many months ago in Logos 7 and I did not readily find an efficient way of doing this beyond the copy paste one by one. Thanks for the consideration. I LOVE this software and this company!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →