I suggest you ...

Night Mode for PC/Mac

While I frequently use "Night Mode" to read on my ipad, I find that there are times that it would be immensely useful to have the same ability on a PC/Mac.

Perhaps, in the "Resource Panel Background Settings" area you could add the ability to select a black background with white text when reading at night.

Another route would be to make a simple button on the menu bar for "Night Mode".

428 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steve Gaffney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Night mode. Please. Studying for hours trying to prepare sermons would be so much less strenuous on the eyes with a night mode. It is the new standard for apps, so jump on it! Thanks.

• MinuitPro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu Nov 1, 2018 9:42 PM

"We'll post any news about the addition of a dark mode to this suggestion [here]."

And yet half a year later, still no response about implementing the fundamental dark mode in OS X Mojave.

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, implemente this! Many of us study bible during night, and don´t want to force our eyes or bourder our familys. Every software of development has this feature, this is an essencial feature!

• Chris Cochrun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a request for over 6 years. I'm about to make my own bible software just because there isn't dark mode.

• Matt Sickon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have dark mode as it's easier on my eyes as I mainly use the computer all day and it can be quite tiring to have one BRIGHT monitor on the second one, and other one in Dark mode...Can you please make the appropriate change? If you claim that you make a first class application, then prove it.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update on the darkmode at mac os mojave? most of the apps have it by now

• Ruben S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I end up using WIndow's magnifier tool (using the color inverter) to achieve the stated goal here for reading/studying at times. However, in doing so the colors of notes, underlines, etc. too become inverted (obviously), so I have to adjust to recognizing the inverted color(s), etc. in the inverted mode.
    A simple dark mode in Logos would be such a useful and easy (??) tool.
    Big bump for dark mode.

• Jay Baldwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on Dark Mode. Logos is GREAT software, but its lack of GUI theme support is literally PAINFUL. Proof: https://bit.ly/2OUAk5o

I even have Chrome extensions to force Dark Mode on browser tabs that have light-backgrounds, like this one! Windows 10 and macOS both have full-support for Dark Mode ... I use both.

Preview: https://i.imgur.com/9sWYdCo.png
    Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

Anonymous commented · November 9, 2018 12:34 PM · Flag as inappropriate

• TJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone else has covered the wherefore and why so I won't add anything there except to note that my daytime job is computer programming and one of the best themes for that is "Solaris". It comes in dark and light. Here is an example of "light" mode-

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/altercation/solarized/master/img/screen-php-light.png

here is "dark" mode-

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/altercation/solarized/master/img/screen-php-dark.png

I hope you will listen to us. I understand this has been an ongoing request and it is not a big one. You already allow us to gray out the text. We should be able to darken that more AND the rest of the application as well. Just need to create the hooks and then call the theme to fill in colors ;)

• Al Reinicke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us a dark mode. Even Windows is offering it now (the Explorer should follow with the next update) and it really is helpful when spending long times or evenings in front of the screen. Thank you :-)

• Isaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. If you want me to spend even more time and money on your product do Dark Mode.

• JB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who spends a lot of time in front of a computer working for a software company, I find that reading black text with a white background to really fatigue my eyes and when I choose to use a dark theme for an application, my eyes greatly appreciate it and the darker colors assist in better long term use of that application. As such, I have no doubt that the same would be true of Logos, so I am want to cast my vote with others here to say I think this would be a welcome change, as when I do end up using Logos, it is for hours on end in a single session, so being able to change to a "Dark Theme" would awesome!

• Len Flack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Joining in on the quest for native dark mode, especially on macOS Mojave. Even Microsoft is doing it with Office for Mac. C'mon, Logos! :-)

• Mark Hunsaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's another vote for Logos dark mode. The same UI color scheme as Proclaim would be awesome.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base